What's new

Plisson: Black #10

The All Black Plisson.

When I got it the first few uses were very different that what I have been accustom to. I have been using a silverip Shavemac 23mm for over six months straight.

Price: Not bad for a Plisson. Less than a hundred bucks total. I got mine from the Shaving and Razor Shop in Antwerp.

Quality: I have no negative things to say about it. It lost one hair several weeks after I put it into use. (I have used it on every weekday since I got it).

Density: It is no where near as dense as my Shavemac but I have never felt that this brush needed more density. Probably because of the stiffness of the hairs.

Stiffness: The tips have softened a little after about a month or more of constant use. The tips are quite sharp. As I put in my first post after I got the brush. Using a brush with this kind of hair and prickliness was like scratching an itch I have never been able to reach. It took a little getting use to on the cheeks but, as sensitive as my neck is to irritation etc., it was very nice on my neck and jaw line. All in all the tips are quite sharp but have slightly softened after use.

Softness: I didn't give this the lowest possible score because the tips have softened a little over the course of the last number of weeks. But bare in mind the tips are not soft at all. They are just less sharp when pushed against the skin.

Ergonomic: I got the smaller size because my Shavemac is such a cream hog. The brush is small but is not too small. Although in hindsight I think I would have prefered a size 12. But I am happy with this one.

Latherability: Not problems at all. It takes on the creams with no trouble and makes a lot of great lather. For my one soap (a triple milled hard soap) it works wonders. It is very fast in picking up the soap and I get better lather with this brush than with my Shavemac. It doesn't hide the lather like a Shavemac might do.

Overall, this was a great purchase. Low-ish price for a Plisson, probably one of the lowest priced out there. It is a prickly brush and the opposite of the spectrum from a silvertip's softness. It just makes me appreciate the superbness of my Shavemac all the more when I use it on weekends and some weekdays. The main reason I am using it more than my Shavemac is beacuse it 1. uses less cream/wastes less cream, and 2. dries faster than my Shavemac which can take up to 3 or 4 days here in Tokyo (humidity).

Discuss here
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips