What's new

Penhaligons Hammam Boquet

Item Description

displayimage.php

Penhaligons is without question my favorite cologne house.... every scent of theirs I have smelled has been simply divine, but Hammam Boquet takes it even one step further. Pure..... liquid.... happiness. Whoever said you can't buy happiness... can go pound sand as far as I am concerned :tongue:

If you like Rose....and you like Lavender... and you like women... then you'll LOVE this cologne. Talk about a drop dead show stopper - this Hammam Boquet is so classy, so elegant, so fresh, so.... well.... amazing. This is not your typical "knock you over" strong woody, powerful, "masculine" scent that screams "smell me - I have very little confidence and an even smaller weiner." (just kidding calm down) - but is such a different, refreshing change. No matter HOW much of this stuff you spray on you - it can never be offensive. I'd wager - that if you bathed in a vat of this cologne, then proceeded to walk down the street - you could not offend a single soul. Basically it smells beyond description - but the only attempt I could make at describing it would be - that it smells like a english rose garden in the spring - but in a masculine way. Really.... really....really nice. Without question - I have received more compliments on this cologne in a week, than I have received in all of my other colognes combined.

The beauty of this scent - is that not only can you enjoy it, but it is sweet, soothing and pleasent, and something a woman would not be offended to wear herself - so it is ADORED by both sexes alike.

Scents are very personal - so please don't run as fast as you can and buy 10 bottles, but for me.... this is heaven.
displayimage.php

Latest reviews

Hammam Bouquet is old school.

Maybe a little too old school . . .

Really, it's a very musty, dusty, but still-alive rose. Swaddled in a powdery synthetic melange of hard to distinguish notes.

Too bad mine's only a sample, I wish I could comment on the beauty of the bottle and box, although they look great in the OP's pics. And I admire his enthusiasm for this fragrance.

I have to keep asking myself if I would wear Hammam Bouquet. Out. In public.

Well, let's see . . . I'd wear Coco eau de toilette by Chanel (on biting cold winter evenings) . . . I'd wear Sung original by Alfred Sung (it doesn't get any more floral) . . . but a Hammam Bouquet . . . ?

Yeah, I guess I'd wear it. Although in very light doses. And only on cool, casual autumn days when around friends and family. But not around the ladies . . . this is, sadly, not something women of my generation (I'm 28) would appreciate on a man. It's bold but just not bold enough to warrant the floral surprise factor. Women like what they'd wear themselves, but this just strays into the obscure realm of being a fragrance that was popular among people who have been dead for a century or two. And you know, that's kind of over most people's heads these days.

Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
I payed £70 for this product and £5 for postage. The best money I've ever spent. I first got and couldn't stop smell the end of the atomiser.

Try and keep this stuff a secret.

Ryan
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
While Hammam certainly is the true Victorian oriental of the 19th Century, it is far too dated and far too "old fashioned" in a bad way for the modern nose. The notes themselves are wonderful, but combined create a symphonic dissonance where accord battles accord for dominance. The end result is a stuffy, super powdery, antiquated rose. If this were cleaned up a bit in terms of spices and musks, this would be a wonderful Victorian scent still relevant and impressive today. I prefer Penhaligons Elizabethan Rose, even though it is marketed for women, because it essentially the same scent minus everything that clouds the water so to speak with Hammam Bouquet. Good juice overall, but use it sparingly!

Item information

Added by
joel
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from joel

Top Bottom