What's new

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Item Description

Guys, this cologne is just fantastic, and is an important historical scent as well. Previous to this cologne, men's scents were all florals. This was the first scent to feature citrus, and things moved rapidly from there into the men's scents we have today.

According to Penhaligon, the notes are:

Top Notes - Citrus, Lavender
Middle Notes - Aromatic Spices, Pine
Base Notes - Woody, Musk

If you read some of the reviews on basenotes, they convey this scent quite well. I quote:

"Blenheim Bouquet opens with a sharp, tart citric blast which is carried into the heart notes by the aromatic pungency of thyme and pine, both of which are incongruously married with a slight but decided camphoraceous note. This dauting assault on one's nose gives *Blenheim Bouquet* an air of unapologetic immediacy, arrogance, and unquestioning self-assertion without any self-effacing self-consciousness; it’s very aristocratic in this sense and very imposing, just like stark Baroque presence of its name sake Blenheim Palace, rising starkly out of an expanse of flat green earth, a permanent monument to the Blenheim name and will."

and

"Aristocratic hostility at it's finest. I can honestly say this is the only fragrance with a true adversarial character, you really feel superior when wearing it, and almost despise the simpletons around you. Of course I'm exagerating here, but in fact 2 of my friends have commented upon Blenheim saying it almost frightens them in a way. There's something about the zesty citrus in the opening that fools you into thinking this is just another Eau Sauvage copy, but BB is infinitely more complex. The lemon, which btw is masterfull in this fizzy & slightly bitter rendition, hangs around much longer than in ordinary colognes and melts into the smokey, antagonistic base of deep pine. A little spice (cardamom or cumin?)adds even more dimension, but it is that very english pine that makes this Penhaligon really stand out - giving it it's chilling edge. I really don't want to scare anyone off with this review, BB is a fantastic fragrance, but use it wisely - perhaps during a hostile corporate takeover, heated debates about the tragic demise of the great commonwealth or after winning your local cricket-championship"

What more can I say? When you spray this stuff on, you are greeted with one of the most interesting starts of any scent out there - lemon, pine, lavender. From there it drys down into a sharp piney scent with other spices. Wearing this stuff really does make you feel superior to those around you. It reeks of confidence, no wimps may apply. If you are up to it, there is no better scent. Get some. Now.

As for the rest of the metrics, there is no better packaging than Penhaligons in my opinion. My favorite fragrance house, bar none.

Latest reviews

Pros: Scent
Cons: Staying power
I got this as a free sample with an order and while the scent is really nice, it seems to disappear rather quickly. I would not purchase the product based on the high price for an average result.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I like this scent, but it don't last very much on my skin. The fresh start is very elegant. I like the "aphotecary style" bottle but the atomiser and the plastic cap are not in the same level of quality.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
starts off nice but then transforms into a clean version of a baby powder. plus it's way too feminine, adp colonia is much better so is dc1913 which are in the ballpark with regards to type of scent.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Scotto
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.07 star(s) 42 ratings

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from Scotto

Top Bottom