What's new

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Pros: Scent
Cons: Staying power
I got this as a free sample with an order and while the scent is really nice, it seems to disappear rather quickly. I would not purchase the product based on the high price for an average result.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I like this scent, but it don't last very much on my skin. The fresh start is very elegant. I like the "aphotecary style" bottle but the atomiser and the plastic cap are not in the same level of quality.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
starts off nice but then transforms into a clean version of a baby powder. plus it's way too feminine, adp colonia is much better so is dc1913 which are in the ballpark with regards to type of scent.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
What more can I add that hasn't already been said? Blenheim Bouquet is a fantastic fragrance with a storied history. It was originally commissioned in 1902 by John Churchill, Winston's father. It was Winston Churchill's favorite scent, and he wore it for his entire life. Penhaligon's bears the Royal Warrants of the Duke of Edinburgh and his son, Charles, Prince of Wales. I'm guessing those two aren't wearing Endymion... Good money that they're following in the Churchill family's footsteps.

SO:

Price: 5/10. At ~$110/100ml, this stuff isn't cheap. You can find it for cheaper if you know where to look, which is nice.

Quality: 10/10. Penhaligon's may not be the most up-to-date or modern house, but everything they make reeks of quality. Except reformulated English Fern shaving soap.

Packaging: 10/10. The famous Penhaligon's bottle needs no improvement. Amazing design.

Scent: 9/10. The top notes of lemon and lime scream through, with a little bit of sharpness from lavender. Not a powdery lavender; rather, it's a sort of medicinal note. The fragrance goes silent for a few minutes after that, and you might be forgiven for wondering where it went. Don't fear-- once the top has burned off and the base notes have warmed up, you'll be greeted with sharp, pure pine and a whiff of fresh-cracked black pepper, rounded out with a gentle musk.

Complexity: 5/10. Pretty much smells like what the notes say it smells like, and there are only 6 notes. But complexity isn't a good or bad thing, it can be interesting or off-putting. Blenheim Bouquet is not complex, but it's great nonetheless.

Staying power: 5/10. It doesn't really hang around too long, unfortunately. 3-5 hours at the most.

Quality of atomizer: 10/10. Pen's. Nuff said.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This is a scent that i received as a sample and after trying for the first time just had to have it. It has become my favourite fragrance of which i have over twenty and its lasting power for me beats everything else i have.I would recommend to anyone :thumbup:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
My girlfriend brought this to me as a present, after some days earlier I expressed the desire to buy it for the Winter...
Well, when I tried this well-praised cologne, I understood why it's so much praised.
Man, this is absolutely a fantastic scent, from the start notes to the final ones.
I prefer to wear it on rainy days, since in hot days I found it being wasted...

What else can I say...I totally agree with all those who have praised this fantastic scent.

Oh, yes, the packaging is the best I've ever seen for a product like this... :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
My Blenheim Bouquet arrived today...oh my goodness sensory overload....does not compute :lol: It smells like i just joined the league of extraordinary gentleman :thumbup1: I say old chap any one for a dry Martini....eh what?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Actually my scent, after Christmas' gift....I love this bottle and this scent, obviously...it's so rare and this is like a Ferrari! Just about the price, ok, it's not too cheaper, but it's not Acqua Velva you know!
If the very fact that Winston Churchill wore this isn't enough reason for you to own it (which is in my opinion a good enough reason in itself...), then the smell of it is... It is a truly Legen .....wait for it, wait for it..... Dary scent. It gave me little bursts throughout the day of different aromas, subtle and meaningful. I enjoyed every minute of it, and there is definitely something in this that cries class and elegance. Some people seem to not scent it's deeper aroma's, perhaps a case of anosmia? Or perhaps just a lack of diffusion and education in their nasal palettes???, I don't know, but all I can say is try and I think you'll like it :D It took me a few good hearty whiffs to fully appreciate it, and the way it works with my body heat seems to set it off perfectly.

Tom
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Have tried a sample of this. This is a nice cologne while it lasts, but its lack of staying power has put me off buying it. For me, I got a strong lemon scent straight after it was applied with a pine scent shortly after that. It doesn't seem like a cologne with a great deal of complexity in its scent as such. The drydown is definitely it's best part, a warm, earthy scent of pine & spices. There is maybe a very slight hint of pepper somewhere in there as well. It's a big shame that the basenotes don't last very long though, and it's all but gone after around 4 hours or so.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
I really like this product but I was surprised at how weak it was. It has very little staying power.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I honestly do not understand the appeal of this scent. The quality's top notch and I can't argue its pedigree, but it's so SIMPLE I find myself struggling to comprehend all the comments about how it has an aristocratic, arrogant character with in-your-face presence, etc.

A burst of lemon sprinkled with some pepper which dries down to a very un-complex pine...that's about it. Pleasant, but nothing to shout about IMO. And very light. Personally I think that English Fern makes more of a bold statement, even though BB is arguably more "masculine."
Blenheim Bouquet, the Rorschach of colognes. I can relate to everything everyone says about it. I really did not like it at first. Now I may be a little obsessed with it.
Not much of a cologne guy over the years, and I'll admit, I bought it because Winston Churchill allegedly wore it, but one whiff and I was sold. A puck of the shave soap and a sample of the aftershave balm later and yup, its my favorite.

Granted, due to the high cost and the fact that I purchased a used bottle and only received 80% of said bottle, I wont be using it everyday. But its a fantastic scent...woods, pepper, citrus. Main three that blast at you out of the bottle.

A must for every serious collection!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This is just wonderful stuff. I tend to look for the deals on colognes, and much to my dismay, Blenheim Bouquet isn't one you'll likely find on sale. However....it is just a wonderful fragrance. One of my favorites.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Opens with citrus and pepper. The citrus actually seems to last a long time and then the pepper and leather appear. Very aggresive opening. In fact my wife made me go outside until drydown. This just never seems to get in harmony with my body chemistry. My wife was very much to the point with her assessment. She said that the worse cologne fragrance that she had ever smelled was Hai Karate on a polyester shirt soaked with sweat during the disco days. She now believes that it is only the second worse fragrance now that she has experienced BB. Oh well, not my favorite either but I didn't think it was quite that bad. But for me, her nose is the only one that counts. On the positive side, I can now mark this one off my list and move on to the other Penhaligons.:001_smile. Next up English Fern.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
You wake up to find yourself sitting on a chair in the middle of a pine forest in Finland. You take a deep breath and all you smell are the solitary pines. Quietly, as if on rabbit feet, a well attired butler arrives to hand you a tall gin and tonic. He makes a big show of squeezing the lemon into your drink.

As you take your first sip, enjoying the momentary union of lemon, pine and juniper, nothing happens. Nothing continues to happen another hour or two. So much nothing happens that a form of boredom sets in as you nurse your drink.

As you take a last sip and prepare to get up from your chair to leave the woods, a midget pops up from behind a bush and smacks in the head with a box of Gold Bond medicated powder....
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Man I absolutely love this fragrance! It is so vibrant and complex--citrusy and peppary and woody. My only qualm is that the staying power could be a bit better...Truly a remarkable scent, though.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This is one of my all time favorites. What a classic. You feel like you're the Duke Of Endinburgh when you wear it. Its like nothing else out there. Pine, some citrus, and an almost pungent incense sort of smell. This scent is loved and hated. Count me as one of its lovers.:lol:
When I first put this on, my first thought was "damn this is giving my Acqua Di Parma some competition", its citrus pine lime-like topnotes are absolutely fantastic. The topnotes last for about 15-30 minutes and then the spectacular citrus opening begins to mix with some spice and peppery notes, its still smells pretty good but is losing the citrus notes every minute.

The citrus tones eventually give way to wood, pepper and some serious spice notes. It got a bit too woody and peppery for me at this point and also carried that famous Hermes smell (love it or hate it) to it from time to time. Not for me.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)