What's new

Penhaligon LP#9 For Men

Item Description

The lights go down in the theater, and the credits begin. Your heart races with anticipation - this is the first time you have been on a real date with a girl. She sits next to you, eating candy and looking at the screen. The smell of her is intoxicating, almost overwhelming. Soft, sweet, spicy, beguiling. Shyly, you extend your arm around her shoulders. Will she pull away? No. Your heart is about to explode out of your chest. She turns her head to you, staring into your eyes. You realize she is as nervous and excited as you are; you can almost fall into her dilated pupils and be lost forever. Did she move her lips a fraction toward you? Should you kiss her? Confusion and lust are intermixed. Finally, hormones overwhelming the conscious mind, you pull her toward you, mouth open. She yields, pressing her burning lips against yours. You taste the intense cinnamon of the red hot candies she has been eating, and suddenly all rational thought is gone, evaporated in a mist of young lust and hormonal chaos....

Well, I hope that paints a picture of the scent for you. I am a die hard Penhaligon's fan, but I must admit that I was expecting not to like this one as much as I do. "Love Potion" indeed - how trite. That being said, this is very nice juice. It is quite sweet, with intense edges of spiciness from cinnamon and clove. There is something about it which reminds me of sex; I guess the Love Potion apellation is fitting after all. This is definitely a "modern" scent, and one that differs quite a bit from the more traditional Penhaligon offerings like Blenheim/Hammam bouquet, etc., but a worthy cologne in its own right. I am guessing the fairer sex will like this one quite a bit when you pull them close. Good stuff.

This review is being discussed here.

Latest reviews

I am so sad that this is out of production. I just got my first bottle and I love it. It is not sweet on my skin and it has staying power. I wear it at home after a good shower and shave and it just sets the tone for the evening.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Gents,

This one is not for me. While it does have a quick sexy appeal, it's sweet and clove smell is overwhelming for me. It almost smells like something from our Indian kitchen.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
this scent is now out of production.

Item information

Added by
Scotto
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from Scotto

Top Bottom