What's new

Oriental Plum

Item Description

What is this stuff? A German natural handmade (artisan) cold-processed shave soap developed in coordination with a popular German wet-shaving group. I was reluctant to try the soap because it includes Olive Oil, which usually means the shave soap will not lather worth a darn. This soap lathers thick creamy SILKY stable lather. Really beautiful stuff. It provides an exceptionally close shave with no irritation.

Calani says “Ingredients such as mango butter and lanolin make this shaving soap so special.” I completely agree.

For comparison, I think the lather is as good or better than MWF. The lather is thicker than MWF (even the triple worked special variety) and does not cut as fast. This soap is better (lather more protective cushion) than any veggie based soap I can think of. It’s better than many tallow soaps also. I never thought that I would say that. The shave quality is as good as Martin de Candre.

The scent. It's dark fruit like with a bit of spice. It’s not foodie. It’s not too sweet or cloying. Not flowery and the more I use it the more I like it. It’s not subtle though and frankly that is one of the attractions to Calani soaps.

This is a superb above the pack soap with a great unique scent. At this time it is cheaper to order from Calani direct. Recommended.

Ingredients: water, palm oil, stearic acid, coconut oil, mango butter, almond oil, lanolin, glycerin, fragrance, xanthan

Latest reviews

Pros: Shaves like a Miracle
What is this stuff? A German natural handmade (artisan) cold-processed shave soap developed in coordination with a popular German wet-shaving group. I was reluctant to try the soap because it includes Olive Oil, which usually means the shave soap will not lather worth a darn. This soap lathers thick creamy SILKY stable lather. Really beautiful stuff. It provides an exceptionally close shave with no irritation.

Calani says “Ingredients such as mango butter and lanolin make this shaving soap so special.” I completely agree. This appears to be the only Calani soap with lanolin. * correction - some of her other soaps have the same recipe.

For comparison, I think the lather is as good or better than MWF. The lather is thicker than MWF (even the triple worked special variety) and does not cut as fast. This soap is better (lather more protective cushion) than any veggie based soap I can think of. It’s better than many tallow soaps also. I never thought that I would say that. The shave quality is as good as Martin de Candre.

The scent. It's dark fruit like with a bit of spice. It’s not foodie. It’s not too sweet or cloying. Not flowery and the more I use it the more I like it. It’s not subtle though and frankly that is one of the attractions to all Calani soaps.

This is a superb above the pack soap with a great likeable scent. At this time it is cheaper to order from Calani direct. Recommended.

Ingredients: water, palm oil, stearic acid, coconut oil, mango butter, almond oil, lanolin, glycerin, fragrance, xanthan

http://www.calani-seifenmanufaktur.de/epages/62164854.sf/sec8e959c8b6e/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62164854/Categories/%22Calani's%20Blog%22/Eine_Rasierseife_f_r_das_Forum_von_Gut-rasiert_de#MainText
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)