What's new

Nancy Boy Shave Cream

I've been using Nancy Boy signature shave cream for over a year after a recommendation from a friend. The large tub I bought is still going strong. I'm not halfway finished, though I only shave with it about twice a week. It is a good value as a little goes a long way, and it lathers up quite nicely. The scent is nice, as it does not smell like an old man, yet it is not too strong, nor does it smell like a man perfume, which is how I like it.
I would have to say that the packaging could be fancier, but it really does not detract from it, considering that a round of shave soap does not stay with the packaging for too long.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
D
Since I discovered Nancy Boy shave cream it has become my number one. My wife also prefers it above all other brands. Now that the US dollar is so devalued against euro currency it makes Nancy Boy an even better bargain.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
As much as I wanted to like this cream it just doesn't work for me. Love the scent and the whole small shop pop thing but I just can't get a slick shave out of it.
No success using a brush with this cream but have attained a decent shave or two going the brushless route. I have to use alot of cream to achieve this.
I open the lid mostly now just to smell it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
The stuff works great.
The scent is solid and agreeable.
The blue flower sticker sucks.
The cream is always in my rotation.
This stuff is great and the owner Eric Roos is a stand-up guys who backs his products with an iron-clad guarantee.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I purchased after reading all the reviews -- and a lot of the humorous diatribe on the company website about how good their products are. The accolades given here, and given to themselves, are well-deserved. NB cream is definitely one of the best shaving products on the market.

It has a mild, clean peppermint scent that should please any user. This is the easiest product I've tried to create nice, thick, rich lather without much effort using a brush. It also works well brushless, although about twice as much product is required to get coverage.

I don't think the shave is as close as can be achieved, but all things considered, it's still a top performer. My wife did not like the fact that my shaving hobby had driven me to purchasing a product called "Nancy Boy."

I would be remiss if I also didn't mention that Nancy Boy takes its customer service very seriously. I tried another one of their products and was less-excited about it. I was able to return the unused portion for a full-refund, no questions asked, and received a nice email from Eric Roos the founder.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I just purchased the signature cream after reading some reviews here. After my first few shaves, I must say: this is going to be my everyday cream. It's the best scent I've ever encountered, the lather is fluffy on the brush and slick on the face, and I have absolutely no complaints about it at all. I guess maybe it could come in a diamond studded tub, but I think that would be stretching it.

FANTASTIC product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I liked this cream from the moment I opened the travel size tub. It smelled great and had the look of a high quality cream. It lathered easily enough, but then came the shave itself. I found that this cream doesn't have much cushion or lubricity. I felt every hair being tugged then cut by the blade. It was not a comfortable shave. Yet , suprisingly, my face was smooth, nick free, and fairly moisturized afterwards. I don't care for this cream due to it's lack of lubricity and cushion, but the end result is good as is the scent. This cream is loved by many, but it's not for me.
Like the Replenishing cream, this is another winner.

I happen to really love the smell of this cream. It's lightly frosty without being sub zero and your lips turning blue.

Shaves wonderfully and leaves your face feeling clean and smooth.

The travel size is nice for going away on your trips.

A quality product that everyone should try. Packaging isn't very fancy and has no Royal Warrants on it, but they guys have put the money into the stuff inside.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
My daily favorite now after having tried several other creams this one has settled in as the one I'll use every day without thinking about it. The tub could be a little more regal, but the clean white packaging is miles ahead of the drab one being used for BodyShop creams.
Smells Great, lathers great, price is right, customer service is top notch...unfortunately this stuff makes me break out like a sonofabitch...oh well...
I seem to be in the minority here----I liked everything about the Nancy Boy cream except one---the glide factor. I found the cream was very "dry" to shave with and did not lubricate my skin the way I like a cream to do.

Roger
To say that this cream is way beyond any other cream would be a gross overstatement. Quite frankly, it is a excellent cream, with a very competitive price, but the differences between the performance of this cream and the 3T's is subtle at best, where personal taste will decide your favorite. So, if your a newbie looking for the ultimate cream, well lower your expectations. I am sure you will think this cream is quiet good, but it will likely not change your life.

The signature scent is lavender and peppermint, which works well together. If your going to try this cream, don't overlook the replenishing version. It has a cucumber citrus scent that I liked the best. I am surprised that I liked the cucumber, but it really has the fresh smell of real cucumbers, ask for a sample if your unsure of ordering a whole tub. Don't forget to sign up for the membership, and get 15% off, orders of $50 or more get free shipping.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This stuff is wonderful!

The scent is magnificent: fresh, invigorating, beautiful.

Lubrication is second-to-none. This stuff leaves my skin smooth, conditioned, and soft.

I may not lather as well as some others (at least with a brush), but I've not got the lather fetish, so I don't care, as long as it works, and boy does it ever!

The price for the quality is superb.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Have used the "house scent" version this for about five months, and like it don't love it. I guess the smell grew on me so much I got to taking it for granted. Now I want to move on to other things. It works well, however. Not sure if I will re-order, but by the way, I love the cucumber scented cream that I have in the travel size. Like that one a lot.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Nancy Boy shaving cream is the best experience a DE wet shaver can possibly get...

... until the shaving part begins.

After reading many of the reviews here, I decided to show how "manly" I was by getting a floral rosemary shaving cream called 'Nancy Boy (trivia: "Nancy Boy" is what gay men were called when gay meant happy" urbandictionary.com). And I was not about to be intimidated by any effeminate-named boutique store from San Francisco. I wrestle badgers, dammit!

So I got the package. Yes, I got the free body bar soap, too. And you all thought you were special. (it comes in their signature scent, too)

I counted the hours until it was 6 AM and time to shave. I tossed and turned like a kid on Christmas Eve. Time to shave yet? 2:00 AM. Time to shave yet? 2:01 AM. Damn. This was going to be tough.

Finally, it was time to shave.

Using my getting-pretty-good lathering technique honed and perfected using my never-fails Conk Almond soap, I dipped my Shavemac silvertip (already soaked in warm water while I showered) into the tub of minty goodness. Little swirl? Enough? Nah. MORE! Another swirl. Size of a spread out almond? Just about!

It whipped into a bubbly frothy foam of white in no time. Just like the yummy T-brand creams I've tried from the UK. This was going to be good. Surely I would finally experience the blissful nirvana that everyone else goes ga-ga and agog over above.

Applied to my face once a thick creamy consistency. Good winner here.

Nice coverage, seems to be holding up.

And then...

THE SHAVE

This is where the experience goes sour for me. My Merkur adustable and I took about 4 passes, opening up to higher numbers on each pass. After pass 1, I actually changed blades. (Derby, Shave 3). The WITH the grain shave was that bad. I blamed the blade. New Derby before pass 2. Seemed to wipe the cream off. Pass 3? The blade was skipping like a stuttering skier on the moguls of my face. Pass 4 (ATG) I was actually out of cream, and squeezed my Shavemac to milk and extract the last bit of oxygenated goodness from it. Bowl? Dry.

Result? Not a stubbly shave, but not the closest shave, either. No nicks or cuts, even with my adjustable on 6 ATG. (I chalk this up to my technique instead of crediting the thin barely visible layer of film on my face for Pass 4).

And then I had a little tear from my eye as the last wondrous scent of the NB (more manly to abbreviate it) was obliviated by an Aqua Velva alcohol and glycerin deluge.

Tomorrow, I'll hand apply the NB to the back of my neck in the shower.

That's all I got.
H.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I can't see how someone cannot like this product....Without a doubt my best performer....I must admit I was not too keene on the scent at first.....but after you use it over and over again you just begin to love it....The price is awesome...the lather is awesome....the lubrication is awesome.....the end shave is awesome.....My skin feels awesome after the shave....What more do you want or need......Follow with their AS balm and you skin with be :biggrin:
I had read so much good about this cream so i went on a quest to purchase and have it shipped to me in Sweden(a kind member at SMF provided me with the cream).

Needless to say it was a tad expensive including the shipping but considering what i got i didn't look back.

I just don't seem to be able to get a good shave with this. I love the smell but I think I'm allergic in some way to the Lavender as i have had problems with Lavender shavingsoaps.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Hello All,

I have to say this product is one of the best! Lathers great and feels fantastic on your face. I always get a great shave with this creme. I like the scent; it's very clean and fresh. My face feels great after each shave!

Highly recommended! If you're ever in SF you should go to the shop.

SR
After reading the reviews and comments, I decided to get some NB Signature Scent cream and give it a try. I paid ~$20 including shipping, and a body bar was included in the package, they go for $6.

Using a C&E badger brush -- shaken once after soaking in my bowl -- and large almond size dollop of cream created copious amounts of lather, enough for several passes.

The scent is something that I'm not used to, as TOBS St. James is my 'go-to' right now. We'll see if it grows on me or not; definite hints of lavender and peppermint but my first impression was of an earthiness, however a clean earthiness if that makes sense.

My Futur and NB cream did an exceptional job in three passes, BBS in almost all places -- usually it's at least four passes to BBS with other creams in addition to touchups.

I think NB is to DE shaving what Lab Series was to my cartridge days and would highly recommend it.

* This is only after one shave, so my review might change a bit :wink:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
love this stuff. I use it daily in combination with shaving oil. I got here via coates rose(no longer available) trumpers rose and taylor rose.

I use it on face and head in shower with a gillette fusion power and without a mirror. never a cut and very smooth skin all over.

It does not need a brush. I get enough lather with my fingers.

scent is not very strong(my preference).
simple packaging(just the tub)...my preference.

I have 4 tubs in my cabinet.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability