What's new

Mama Bear's Phoenix Rising

Item Description

Phoenix Rising

View attachment 156463

Mama Bear gave me a tub of this new scent for evaluation and review. I must say, the scent is very impressive! My wife also loves the scent, and and that's no small task.

Price
This soap is priced on the higher end of Mama Bear's soaps, but it's still a bargain and the scent is awesome.

Quality
Anyone familiar with Mama Bear's soaps can be assured that this is the same great, quality soap they've become accustomed to. Anyone not familiar with the quality of these soaps need only read any of the myriad reviews here. Or, better yet, try a tub yourself!

Scent
This is what sets this soap apart: its awesome scent. Based on Elton John's "Fireside" fragrance, it's the perfect scent to embody the meaning of the Phoenix, rising from the ashes to bring forth a new beginning, a rebirth.

I'm not the greatest at describing scents, but this one makes me imagine sitting on the beach of a tropical island. There's a fire on the beach, and the breeze blowing through the tropical forest picks up the forest's scents before wafting onto the beach and carrying the aroma of the embers to you. The fragrance has a smoky/woody element, and elements of citrus, vanilla, and ... coconut, perhaps?

All the components blend very well with each other to deliver an all around excellent fragrance.

Lather
I have used this soap several times, and every time it delivered Mama Bear's signature rich, thick lather with plenty of cushion, glide and protection.

Efficacy
The lather very effectively maintained its moisture, lubrication and protection throughout 4-5 passes.

Moisturizing
While Mama Bear's soaps aren't the most moisturizing soaps I've used, it's still very good.

Conclusion
This is a fantastic new scent to add to Mama Bear's lineup of quality shave soaps.

Latest reviews

Phoenix Rising

View attachment 156463

Mama Bear gave me a tub of this new scent for evaluation and review. I must say, the scent is very impressive! My wife also loves the scent, and and that's no small task.

Price
This soap is priced on the higher end of Mama Bear's soaps, but it's still a bargain and the scent is awesome.

Quality
Anyone familiar with Mama Bear's soaps can be assured that this is the same great, quality soap they've become accustomed to. Anyone not familiar with the quality of these soaps need only read any of the myriad reviews here. Or, better yet, try a tub yourself!

Scent
This is what sets this soap apart: its awesome scent. Based on Elton John's "Fireside" fragrance, it's the perfect scent to embody the meaning of the Phoenix, rising from the ashes to bring forth a new beginning, a rebirth.

I'm not the greatest at describing scents, but this one makes me imagine sitting on the beach of a tropical island. There's a fire on the beach, and the breeze blowing through the tropical forest picks up the forest's scents before wafting onto the beach and carrying the aroma of the embers to you. The fragrance has a smoky/woody element, and elements of citrus, vanilla, and ... coconut, perhaps?

All the components blend very well with each other to deliver an all around excellent fragrance.

Lather
I have used this soap several times, and every time it delivered Mama Bear's signature rich, thick lather with plenty of cushion, glide and protection.

Efficacy
The lather very effectively maintained its moisture, lubrication and protection throughout 4-5 passes.

Moisturizing
While Mama Bear's soaps aren't the most moisturizing soaps I've used, it's still very good.

Conclusion
This is a fantastic new scent to add to Mama Bear's lineup of quality shave soaps.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)