What's new

JM Fraser's shaving cream

Serious value for money here. Almost half a litre of shave cream for just under $10 cdn. Quality that can match shave creams costing many times more. It makes you wonder what the big guys make on selling those tubs of shave cream for $35. Very slick and moisturising, I had very little resistance shaving against the grain, which is a test of any good shave cream or soap. I still have to practice with the water/cream ratio on this cream, I ended up with way too much lather as a result of adding more cream for a mix that was too wet to begin with. The end result of my first shave with this cream resulted in a smooth comfortable shave in which my face felt really nice and moisturised afterward.

A top-notch shave cream from a very old Canadian barber supplier. They have been making this cream since 1956!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Thanks for the heads up about TBBS stocking this.

For any other Torontonians, TBBS is a great place to get reasonably-priced shaving gear.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I just picked up a 450mL tub of it at Toronto Barber and Beauty Supply at 100 Dundas St. W. in Toronto for $9.95 CDN, four days ago. It'll last me many months, possibly a year or more. The gentleman at the store recommended it over everything else, calling attention to the fact that it contains glycerin. His only suggestion was to make sure to tightly reseal the lid after every use.

Take my ratings with a grain of salt: this is the only 'serious' product I've reviewed so far, so I have nothing to compare it with. This qualification notwithstanding, I'm very happy with it. It does indeed lather quickly and very well, and has a pleasant scent. It needs to be rinsed off thoroughly for my face to feel fresh :w00t: , but I'm sure that holds for any cream.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is one brand of shaving cream made in Canada which I really enjoy when I'm able to get a hold of it. I can't say a heck of a lot about the packaging, it's a huge white, blue and red jar, but the cream itself has a nice light lemony scent, and does it ever lather like mad! :eek: :eek: It gives fantastic moisturizing and comfort, and it's not expensive. It's very difficult to find it now, I last saw it in a barbershop I used to go to a couple of years ago.

Jeff
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties