What's new

Incredible shower Head!!!

Have had one for years. Always find another each time i have moved
My father had these at his house and I used to have them in my apartment.

I recently wanted to use these in my house. Walmart no longer sells them. Home depot doesn't either. It looks like someone bought them at lowes.

They are inexpensive, good quality and even though it is restricted in volume of water, it comes out pretty hard.

Great product and I will hopefully be able to find them locally.
After seeing this showehead at lowes, and checking out the reviews here, I decided to buy the $5 model.

I don't know if the one I had was defective or bad by design. The basic unit I had made me feel like I was being sneezed on rather than showered. I returned the showerhead and decided to try their "deluxe" model for $11.

The deluxe model features an adjustable lever which lets you adjust the spray from full blast to a faint mist. In full blast mode, the showerhead provides great pressure and good coverage. with the lever turned down the misting is nice to keep you warm in the shower while shaving but at the same time conserving warm water. Flow can also be shut off entirely (more or less).

This deluxe unit in full blast mode provides a very satisfying shower even under low pressure situations. Being adjustable it is great for shaving. This unit is also all metal, so I'm sure the durability will be superb.

At the same time I bought this, I also bought a speakman showerhead. Never actually installed the speakman unit because the Peerless "incredible head" was so good.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
Looks pretty much like a standard straight up Navy shower head. Knowing the Navy, they took the idea from the bureau of Prisons or something. Looks like the same thing in our locker room at work, at any rate, and have seen these on ships, also, along with a momentary on hand held nozzle.

It does work well though. Will have to consider one in the house-especially for the hot water issue.

John P.
What is the flow rate 1 or 1.5 GPM? Also can you get it on line?
Manufacturer and Model number please.
Great product. I moved into a new dorm and the shower had so little pressure, the water couldn't penetrate my hair! $5.50 later (I had to spend a buck on Teflon Tape), I get great showers. If I can fix a daily problem for under $10, that's not a 10, that's a 20. Quality wise, this product is again top-notch. This little piece of metal (and it IS all metal) is heavier than the shower head I replaced (Case in Point). I'll never have to worry about it breaking, and the fit and finish are great, also. Performance gets an 8, I've gotten better showers out of other shower heads. But those buildings had better water pressure, too. So, I can't honestly give it a 10 until I know what its best performance is. Durability is a 10. Again, all metal. No plastic parts to break. And finally, packaging is a 10. No nonsense, paper backing and glued on plastic front. I hate blister packs with a vengance, so a product that doesn't use it gets high marks in my book.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
Hmm, Never thought about reviewing a shower head. Oddly enough I have one of these.

While I am not a staunch environmentalist, I see no point in wasting things.
I used to have a place with a tiny hot water heater, that limited me to a very short shower. I like to take my time occasionally, and once I installed one of these, I would prune up almost before the warm water ran out. When my wife and I got married, she immediately turned her pretty little nose up at it, so we switched to a hand held massaging, super duper high volume wonder nozzle. That feels like showering with the wand at a car wash. I bought another one of these on clearance, and stashed it away for the day when we install a second bath.

As for the item itself, it is fairly well made for a shower head, but mine did lose some plating over the eight years or so that I used it. To be entirely fair though, most of the taps in the house did as well. (our water is pretty funky here... and folks wonder why I won't drink our tap water.) I don't know current pricing, but it was a bargain in the early 90's. If you are looking for a water saver, and a good shower, these are a good bet.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
3.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
Living in California we would constantly get water conservation speakers in school. One year the city I guess had some extra cash and decided to hand these out at the school. Well we installed it and it does work for the most part in that it conserves water, you feel like your getting three quarters of a shower (if that makes any sense) If the bathroom is cold your going to constantly be dodging your body to warm up all the parts. Its all metal which I am a firm believer in durability and it is very useful in that it has a purpose to conserve water. The stopping ability of the button isn't that great, in that you get a slight dribble when its engaged. Its not going to win any beauty contests because it looks like the shower head was actually broken off. If your bathroom is heated in some way then your fine it works fine and does what it needs to do, but if your bathroom isn't heated I promise that you will be trying to keep warm the entire time. If your an eco-friendly person then this will test your love for mother earth. I on the other hand just take shorter showers using a normal head.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
3.00 star(s)
Get your minds out of the gutter guys, this is about a shower head. I use this in my shower and have absolutely loved it.

We moved into a house with two bathrooms, since our two girls and wife were soon to be teenagers, our previous house with one bathroom would not do. On Sunday when all of us are taking showers at the same time, there's not enough water pressure, and we would run out of hot water before everyone was finished.

So I installed "The Incredible Head". It give a hard spray, but not a lot of water. It is not for everyone, and most people either love it or hate it. I love it, the ladies in my house like it too. In addition to saving hot water, saving money on your showers, allowing you to stay in the shower longer for the same money, it has this neato feature called a Navy shower in the more advanced model (both shower heads are under $5 at Lowe's or Home Depot). This is a button in the shower head that you can use to shut off the flow of water while you are shaving, and afterward when you turn the water to cold for the final shin bracer, you can reach up with your hand and shut off the water, so the cold water doesn't get all over your body. Then you can turn off the water at the faucet and open the switch on the head to allow it to drain.

I think this is ideal gizmo for people who shave in the shower.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)