What's new

Floris No. 89

I've been using this cologne for awhile.

It's an old fashioned smell and last a long time!!!

Overpowering if you use too much of it. You will gag those around you.

It smells fresh if you use a small spray. But its distinct no doubt.

Floris is quality, I prefer Floris JF despite it not lasting as long. If JF lasted as long as this it would be the greatest scent EVER.

But 89 is a classic and worth trying.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I love this scent. Everything about it is subtle but classy. from the packaging and bottle, to the scent itself. Lasts a long time on me and when I heat up , the fragrance does too. Exceptional quality but subtle and in no way ostentatious.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Though expensive not out of line for a top quality EDT. The scent is not overly complex but very classically rose. Very clean, masculine scent that has great staying power. Been around a long time and the quality of the product speaks for itself.:smile:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
My first buy from Floris. A little expensive, but not really when you consider what you're getting. I've paid more for colognes.

This stuff delivers. An opening of citrus and vetiver, with a dry down of sandalwood, musk, maybe a hint of vanilla? All with a really nice lengevity.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I bought this for 48€ from Floris (in London). My first reaction was...oh no...so much flowery. But a few moment later it turns much more complex and I noticed that it wasn't bad at all. Actually I love this scent today, and it's my n:eek: 1 almost any situation.

Now I have thought that I will buy more this series like shaving soap etc...
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Iron,

Was the $69 for a 100ml / 3.4oz bottle? Also do you know if Pasteur's will ship?

Thanks.

iron maiden;885787 said:
I picked this up at Pasteur's in NYC. I had been looking for it but I didn't feel like paying shipping. I got it for $69.00, so I'm happy with the price.

Like all Floris colognes, it stays with you forever. This cologne is just fantastic...I agree with the reviews. A true classic. The flagship of the Floris line.
I picked this up at Pasteur's in NYC. I had been looking for it but I didn't feel like paying shipping. I got it for $69.00, so I'm happy with the price.

Like all Floris colognes, it stays with you forever. This cologne is just fantastic...I agree with the reviews. A true classic. The flagship of the Floris line.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I've just received this (thanks rum!); not actually sure why I bought it as usually I hate flowery smells. I think I just wanted to try something different, and very glad I did too. When I first sprayed it on, I was distinctly underwhelmed as all I got was quite a sharp floral smell. Given a bit of time, however, it settles down to quite a complex and dare I say masculine scent that seems to have a fair degree of staying power. My SO is away at the moment so can't say if I'll be wearing it often :001_rolle but will certainly go into the rotation.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I was head over heels for Floris no. 89 the first time I tried it. I have since gotten a sampler and worn it a few more times, and its charm hasn't faded a bit.

The floral notes are fresh and calming, and it has a touch of powder that gives it a clean feeling. Its complexity is intriguing.

I highly recommend it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
A wonderful classic but still contemporary British fragrance that, along with certain offerings like Duoro from Penhaligons, is among the best and most masculine complex fragrances out there. It's tight and fresh and very complex including some florals. Coworkers and dates will love it. I think you can get it in the Floris store in London, but it is awfully hard to find around the US.
I didn't think I'd get into a floral scent, but Floris No.89 did it for me. Flowers and dirt - in a good way. It's classy, but not pretentious. A gentleman's cologne. For me, it can be worn with casual attire or for dressing up. It is subtle, yet always present. One of my favorites. . . No.89 truly is something special in the world of colognes
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Price: For almost $90 a 100 ml bottle, Floris No. 89 is pretty steep. But when compared to some other perfume houses (Creed, Penhaligon's, etc) you actually are getting a reasonable deal. The other factors in Floris No. 89 make it worth forking over the money.

Quality: For $90 I better get good quality! Just kidding. :cool: As all Floris products I have encountered, No. 89 meets great standards.

Packaging: Not as ostentatious as Pen's boxes, the packaging is simple and sturdy. The glass bottle is simple in its elegance.

Scent/Complexity/Staying Power: This is why I love Floris No. 89. For awhile, I stuck to only Hammam Bouquet when I wanted something floral. I have a love-hate relationship with Hammam because its florals don't last that long on me, leaving just the amber/civet core pounding hard all day. 89's florals last quite a long time, but that is not what you get in the beginning. 89 awakes you with a rush of bergamot, orange, and nutmeg. Then it slowly fades into a floral scent that lasts with you all day that gets stronger as you heat up.

Quality of Atomizer: Never drips. Never breaks on me. Always constant.

Overall: Floris 89 is something that, in my opinion, defines me as a person. It reeks of tradition, class, and like most Floris products, it is subtle, never loud. It is a cologne that fits every special occasion for me - whether it is a dinner party, pay day, or Sunday liturgy with brunch and coffee afterwards.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)