What's new

Erasmic shaving cream

Pros: Excellent cream does the job well
I found this cream to be excellent for the price and as good as many more expensive creams.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Pleasant scent, good protection, Inexpensive, great lathering properties
This is a great product. I apply directly to my face with a boar or synthetic brush and it lathers quickly. It offers a smooth shave with a pleasant scent.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Price and simplicity of ingredients
Cons: Packaging
My daily shaving cream.

If you have blemish prone oily skin that reacts to the many oils other creams and soaps are cut with, this may be the cream for you.

I really wanted to like Proraso but the coconut oil left my skin oily. Even the 3Ts contain Coconut acid which have an equally undesirable effect on my skin.

In fact - Erasmic shave cream also use to contain coconut oil but a year or two ago, they reformulated it keeping the ingredients simple.

Result - a very slick shaving cream with a subtle but clean scent that washes off your skin without leaving any residue - ace!

I have used this cream every day for a year now...it costs me £1.29 from my local chemist and providing you're generous with the amount you put on your brush, you can make yourself a great lather.

Highly recommend you face lather this stuff. It does alright in a bowl but I can get three passes out my brush having face lathered......

You owe yourself to give this cream a try if you want a no frills, no irritation, smooth shave everyday!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Pedestrian quality
If you need a cheap cream, this might fit the bill. But be prepared to use a lot of product to get even a mediocre lather build. I enjoy my shaves, and I don't want to waste the pleasure using a marginal product like this. Too much better stuff out there, even at low prices, like La joya.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Inexpensive
Cons: Dry
Very dry cream. Not slick. A cream that after the first pass, you really can't follow up with a touch up like you can with a Proraso, for example. Does not help promote a smooth shave.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, value, performance
Erasmic is a wonderful product for its price. I won't go into too much detail because I mostly agree with what's already been said about this product.
I just wanted to add a note about lathering; the first time I bowl lathered with it, it exploded, but the end product was thin and not very protective. The second time I lathered Erasmic, I followed the directions on the box, which is to wet your brush and place a small amount on your brush and then face lather. This worked like a charm and gave me a wonderful, thick, slick protective lather on my face...slightly better than TOBS IMO. I got a wonderful shave. I also love the scent, but wish it were stronger. It pairs well with any barbershop type AS.
BTW, the version I have is the new formulation with the plastic tube and large black plastic cap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great lather, very good scent, low price, slick feeling
Cons: Didn't elevate my shaving experience to a higher level
The first shave cream I've found "in the wild" here in Norway. Wonderful scent - quite clean and soapy, but with definite notes of almonds, licorice, citrus fruits and some spices. Old-school-feeling scent. Lathering was very easy and an almond-sized piece of cream gave me enough lather for three passes. The lather performed very well and gave me a very slick and smooth shave with my 1959 Fatboy loaded with an Astra SP blade. My face felt moisturized and in very good shape after the shave!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Creamy, cushiony lather
Cons: None
I bought a tube of this while in London and love it! It's the only cream that whips up into a great lather in just a few seconds. It has a great cushion and a very mild scent. If I didn't have scads of other soaps and creams in my den, I would only use Erasmic.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Nancy Boy;370980 said:
Ok, time to get a bit uncomfortable.

This is the only shaving cream in my vast collection that, well, let's see, how do I put this...gets me, uh, "excited".:blushing:

This is what a REAL MAN smells like. If they would bottle this stuff as an aftershave, I'd be horny all day. You gotta think (or not...) "This is what Sean Connery as 007 must have smelled like in 1964 when we was making those Bond movies!"

God, is it good!!!:w00t:

As for the shave and quality, its a fantastic product. Difficult to think that it's mostly obtained at the corner drug stores in England. Always a great shave with this product -- nice, thick foam, feels great on the face, and shaves wonderfully.

Added bonus: Nice bang for your buck, even at import prices and comes in an attractive tube with decoesque graphics.

If you're straight and want your girl or wife to never give you up, this is your ticket.:wink:

Best written, most convincing review I've seen on anything...I'm buying. Thanks!
I bought this on clearance at one of the internet shave stores that we frequent.
The product looked waxy out of the tube, lathered ok, shaved ok but the fragrance was cloying. Smelled like Clubman, which seems to work in a barber shop, but never seems to work outside of one. Performance was ok, I did not care for the fragrance. As far as the appearance of the cream, I may have had an old tube.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Got a tube for my birthday (along with a lot of other creams ;)). Tried it with the Feather ASR, loaded with a Treet Black Beauty. Used a brand new Van de Vergulde Hand boar brush (still lying around). Even with a new brush it did nicely. Lather nice and slick. Had a good shave and finished up with my own made AS (Cologne and Witch Hazel) and Gillette ASB sensitive. The scent is a bit strange to me. Do not know how a 50ties or 60ties barbershop smelled, but to me it is more like a chemical/medical smell. Perhaps I have to get used to it. But: a nice cream, inexpensive and paraben free. So give it a try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Performance-wise this stuff works as good as Proraso in my book. I would look to Erasmic on those cold winter days due its excellent moisturizing properties. The smell originally turned me off but once outside the tube it mellows a bit and is actually pleasant. This is would easily become a go to cream for me if Proraso was discontinued. 5.00 for tube of this stuff is a great deal. :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price - A great value from most vendors, however prices may vary substantially; it may pay to shop a bit with this one.

Quality - Excellent from a functional standpoint, but nothing fancy.

Scent - Masculine, subtle, clean, and utilitarian; nothing floral, spicy, or cologne-ish here. Reminds me of generic talc with a faint hint of leather or maybe saddle soap, and a hint of something medicinal, in a good way . Unique to say the least - I love it.

Latherability - requires a bit more water than some, but no problem.

Efficacy - Nice cushion and glide - does exactly what it's supposed to do.

Moisturizing - Fantastic. I guess it's the combination of Coconut Oil and Glycerin, but it always leaves my face feeling slick and soft.

Packaging - Not an important factor for me, as long as it's functional, and it is. Metal tube with screw top works great.

Overall - It's all I've used since I got it over a week ago. A great old-school cream with a wonderful old-school scent in a fine old-school package. Given the weight "old-school" carries around here, I recommend it highly. :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Erasmic has become one of my favorite products. I am 100% in love with the scent, and as for performance it doesn't disappoint. It never fails to product a rich, and luscious thick lather for me.

I recently picked up tubes of this for $3.75 each, so the price really can't be beat.

The scent is what sells me on this cream. It's just this wonderful, complex, old fashion type of smell. :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This stuff is dirt cheap and performs well. I've gotten some of my closest shaves ever with it, the whiskers just fly off my cheeks without any irritation.

However, I really don't get much enjoyment out of using erasmic. It's just not luxurious at all in my opinion. The smell is funky, the packaging could be nicer, and I just don't feel like im pampering myself at all when I use it.

If I want a great, fast shave, I'll grab the erasmic. If I want to treat myself I'll reach for Tobs, Nancy Boy, or T&H.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I can pick this up for 0.99p and it performs as well as some creams 10 times that much, great lather, fresh smell and performance, always in my rotation and a joy to use and for the price along with palmolive one of the best on the market.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Overall, a decent cream but I'm not crazy about it.

As for price: it's fairly cheap $7.00 (some higher) from online vendors.

As for scent: it's a nice, old time scent. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it reminds me of being a little kid in the late 60's. It has an almost hair tonic, hair cream, barber shop association for me. I actually like the scent. It's fairly subtle while using it, but it does linger very slightly afterwards.

Latherability: it's pretty good. Easy enough to lather and the quality of the lather is decent. Nothing outstanding, either way, but perfectly functional.

Efficacy: it lacks a little cushion, for me at least - especially as compared to higher end creams or even a similar inexpensive cream like Proraso.

Moisturizing Properties: here it fell down on the job for me. It left my face feeling a little tight after my shave. I followed it with an aftershave, and that was a mistake. It's OK if I use a balm afterwards, instead. I probably wouldn't use it in dryer months.

Packaging: very basic indeed. Black cardboard box and an plain foil looking metal tube. The quality of the cap is lacking. Very cheap plastic.

The bottom line is that I'll probably keep it in the rotation, albeit using it infrequently. As for my "go to" cheap, drugstore-type cream, nothing beats Proraso.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Erasmic is classic for a reason!

Price: Ultra cheap, even if you live in the US and have to order it from Europe.

Scent: Very nice, definitely a "barbershop" scent - powdery and fresh. Not overpowering, doesn't linger after the shave. Really wonderful.

Latherability: Very good. You need to get the ratio of water to cream right, but it's fairly forgiving and whips up mounds of lather.

Efficacy: Great, smooth and comfortable.

Moisturizing: not drying, not moisturizing either.

Packaging: Nothing flashy, but a nice high-quality metal tube, which some people seem to prefer to plastic. Very classic, art-deco look to it.

For the price you really can't go wrong with this. As above posters have said, you could pay eight or nine times more for luxury shaving creams but they won't do a better job.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Hi
This is good stuff. I created a super latyher using a brush and the soap then added the cream (only a small blob onto the brush). I got an incredible lather that lasted 4 passes at least, infact it would have done me for 6 passes if needed.
This is a great product at a great price. We are paying way too much for these fancy brands, they are no better so we need to stop doing it. I have spent a small fortune on kit over the last year and with hindsight could have saved hundreds of pounds by sticking to the cheaper brands, they do exactly the same job.

Regards
London:biggrin:
Oh man, where do I begin!? This has possibly turned me into a creams user for good. I've been using Ogallala and Mama Bear soaps, and while I love both of them, and they give me a great lather, Erasmic has, to me, that perfect happy medium. Slippery, and doesn't need too much water, thick, but not obtrusively so. It also goes a long way - my head takes quite a bit of lather for a satisfactory cushioning, but I only needed to squeeze about two pea sizes worth to lather up. I've only been shaving this way for a few months, and I think this stuff is teaching me yet more about building lather, in a different and very beneficial way. If you're new to this also, this isn't a bad thing to try at all, in my opinion. The scent is so absolutely "classic American barber shop", I can't resist a sniff whenever I'm in the bathroom:) But it doesn't linger, and I like that, as I think the mixture of that and my Nivea balm wouldn't be too pleasant:( I give the 9s because of some maybe small, but important things - I'd like to know how "chemical" the scent is in its production, the slip was great but still things were pretty dry afterward, and I love the tube save for the fact that I don't know if it's possible to recycle these metal tubes. It should be, but who knows where? Tell me, if you know:) Also, I do prefer all things to be as natural as possible; that said, some of those "big words" in the ingredients may be simply the scientific names for otherwise harmless things, I've seen that be the case before, but I'd have to look them up (tough to tell from those root words sometimes). By the way, I got this at superlather.com, owned by one of our brothers here on B & B - great price ($5) on this tube, and real fast shipping! This stuff literally gave me my most enjoyable shave ever, thus far:)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)