What's new

Crystal Roll On Natural Alum Deoderant

Over the past few months I have tried various natural/unscented deodorants (ie. Mitchum's Unscented, Tom's of Maine Unscented) and the crystal rock version is by far the best deodorant I've ever used. Even on my sensitive skin it works wonderfully, just be sure to wet the rock very well before application. There is a slight salty smell to the rock, but it works wonders once on my body. I scored high on the price since I believe this rock will be lasting me a very long time. Highly recommended! :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Since we seem to be lumping all the 'Crystal' products into one review, I'll weigh in. I use the stone version.

I discovered the properties of alum here at the site. Started using my original square block on my pits.

Worked so well, I got this stick version.

I perspire more than average and can go 24 hours without smell using this. Never stains clothes.

It can be odd to apply because you need plenty of water. I just dry the 'overspill' with my towel and go.

It can be drying to the skin.

My wife bought me some leather sandals for summer because she likes the style. They made my feet smell badly; I guess the insole isn't leather. Using the stone on my feet has knocked that problem out.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I waited till I had a full month of use before posting. For me it works extremely well. I took another user's advice and apply after shower and at night. I've used both the roll on and the spray (actually combining both at the moment). I have zero smell and since I've not been working regularly can even skip shower days with no oder. As others have noted it is not an antiperspirant and if you sweat a lot then you'll need something else to keep the shirt dry. But as a natural way to kill all oder I am sold.
Works well...it won't stop sweat, and depending on your sensitivity, MAY irritate. For the record, I have very sensitive armpits, and found this to be the only non-irritating solution to itchy, burning pits. I use the "rock in the tube" version. Works best right out of the shower, before your pits have a chance to..."do anything". Key is to apply WET...moisten the head of the stick and rub like crazy. No residue, no need to dry your pits (just air-dry). These work because instead of covering up smells, they simply produce a hostile environment for bacteria...it's basically a salt, and nothing can grow in THAT, lol. Highly recommended if you don't want ANY smell and have sensitivity issues. Try it on your wrist first.
I've been using the Crystal solid for about three days now. I apply it very liberally and make sure I coat all parts of my underarm. It takes longer to put on and dry but I'll give it a chance. I'll probably buy a blow dryer just to dry my underarms. I'll check back and update this after I have more experience with this product. Yes the container for the solid rattles and is flimsy... but usable.
I used the rock for a while and after about 2 months of use, I got a horrible rash/burn in my armpits. Lasted for about three days. If you have sensitive skin, avoid this. Although, YMMV etc etc.

P.S. it does stop you from smelling, but . . .
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
I've been using the crystal "rock" version for several months now and really like it. Bought it from Walgreens for $5.99 and expect it to last at least a year. I have 2 brothers that have gone without deodorant for years now (they use Dial Gold anti-bacterial soap to kill the surface bacteria that causes odor) and they & internet research convinced me to go away from the chemical anti-persperants. Basicly the body is supposed to sweat and sweat doesn't smell, only the skin level bacteria. This stick allows sweat but reliably kills the surface bacteria so zero to little odor - plus you're not plugging all your pores with all that aluminum, and coating your skin with tons of chemicals that take several showers to wash off - which the FDA will probably find something wrong with 10 years too late. So it works great for me. Now, for athletes and the really active, they'll still sweat which might be unacceptable to them. And for those with higher levels of body odor it might not work the best. And the stick is not the best travel deodorant since it'll shatter if dropped or knocked (the roll-on would probably work the best for travel but won't last as long as the stick for normal use - the roll-on costs $3.99 at Walgreens). Note: when I first used it I only did a couple swipes and it didn't control the odor as well. Now I wet the stick with the faucet and quickly do about 3 to 5 passes over the armpit then repeat for the other arm and it works great.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
I want to believe, and I've tried to believe through the summer, but this product just doesn't keep down my pit stink. My wife is begging me to get a deodorant that works, and I'm about to appease her. I've been using the crystal version, and to the best of my knowledge, I'm applying the product correctly.

I'm not an unusually large or smelly person. I bathe regularly. But alas, when I use this product, I smell badly by noon. My wife and I have shared the crystal when traveling and she ends up with her own stink, too. It's not a function of armpit topiary, since I have hair, and she does not. The crystal does not help us. We are saddened, because it offers the promise of perpetual, magical un-stinking technology, yet for us, the promise is empty and broken, leaving us with nothing but a plastic-encased stone and some smelly pits.
I have the rock in a deodorant type container. The plastic is kinda flimsy feeling, but works well as a container. At four bucks this thing is amazing value as it will practically last forever (I won't need a new one for at least a year, maybe two).

The roll-on and spray packaging is a bit nicer, but this packaging works well too. Basically it is not an issue.

Efficacy: hooboy! Off the charts. Not the slightest smell after a 24 hour period. This thing is incredible. And it doesn't get on your undershirts like other deodorants. And it doesn't irritate your skin. What more could you want?

The rock version goes on easy if you use it in the shower. The spray version is a bit drippy. The roll-on is a good compromise. On the other hand I use the rock version as a facial alum too, occasionally, so you could argue it's more versatile.

I love this stuff. Very happy to find it in my normal supermarket, and reasonably priced at 3.99 too. Everyone should have one, it's that good.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
displayimage.php

Not too much to say about this product.... other than it work, and it works well. It is a superlative alternative to smells deodorants and chemical laden antiperspirants. While I have the "rock" version as well as the "stick" version of deodorant "Crystal" I find the liquid to be the easiest to apply, and works most efficacious, as it rolls on, gets past armpit hair, and provides you with odor free protection.

Ingredients....
displayimage.php

I am quite a fan, and I use this product daily, year round. :smile:

TO DISCUSS THIS REVIEW, PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD.

Thanks!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing