What's new

Creed Green Irish Tweed....

Item Description

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Sorry about the dark pics - I am still getting used to this new camera.

Basically my sniffer is not over impressed with this cologne. Don't get me wrong, it is fine stuff - but it never really "grabbed me" like Penhaligon's, B&B, Taylor Mr. Taylor, Trumper Spanish LEather, Castle Forbes 1445, etc etc. I have had this cologne for about 2 weeks now, and have used it several times, and it never really stood out. I found it a bit powdery, and not to "grassy" like I expected. Not bad - but certainly not up to par with the aformentioned colognes. For the money - I do not think I will be purchasing another bottle of Creed cologne, unless it is a screaming deal.

I know a lot of fellas love this cologne - so take this as just one mans opinion!

For what it is worth - Pecksniffs Foguere is a superior version of this scent at a bargain price in comparison.

Latest reviews

Pros: Versatile, Safe, Well Liked by almost everyone.
Cons: Cost
First, let me address the prospect of fakes. Before buying a bottle I researched quite a bit online and did indeed find a lot of complaints about fakes. Because of that I purchased mine directly from the Creed Boutique when visiting NYC. So here is my review of the cologne, knowing that it is the real deal and not a copycat.

GIT is my go to cologne. It is perhaps the best "signature" cologne I have ever smelled. My sniffer does not get tired of it, which it does with almost any other scent. Also, the projection, staying power, and atomizer are as good as any frag I have ever purchased.

I am not great at explaining scents, so I will lean on the terms everyone else uses like grassy, earthy, with a touch of pepper. However, let me say there is an air of refinement and subtlety when compared to the average bottle of cologne you would pick up at your local apothecary. There is just something...more to it. It rests well on the skin. It hits your nose at the right moments. The dry down is exceptional. It is always a treat. Confidence in a bottle.

So let me get to the meat of the matter and explain why this is my signature cologne. It is versatile, it can be worn in an office setting or out to dinner with friends. It is unassuming yet confident. With all due respect it is not CoolWater, it is much more refined. Comparing this cologne to Coolwater is like comparing a Honda to a Bentley. There is no real comparison in what you are getting. Are the scents vaguely the same? Yes. Does a well tailored Italian suit look vaguely the same as suits from The Men's Wearhouse? Yes. There however is a big difference.

One final note. Many talk about how this is such a common fragrance. Well, maybe among the elite it is, or the urbanites of Manhattan, but among common folk around the Midwest, where I live, it is not. Acqua Di Gio is a common scent, most people haven't even heard of GIT. I am quite happy with it in general, and it will be the cologne I wear most for quite a while.

Some general questions and answers:
Is it overpriced? Yes.
Does the quality justify being charged a king's ransom: Yes
Is all the marketing hype about all the stars who have worn this real? Probably not.
Does it matter in the scheme of things? Nope
Will you be happy with this cologne: Only you can answer that
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Safe yet sophisticated scent
Cons: High price
I'm not a scent guy and I had never even heard of Creed until about a year ago, but I love this scent. I bought samples of most of the Creeds and many less expensive brands to compare. I found most of the popular expensive scents to be very nice, but too "unisex" and powdery for me. GIT has a fresh sweet scent, but I can't imagine a woman wearing it. Initially I thought I would just purchase Cool Water because it actually smells better to me when it's first applied, but after wearing GIT a few times I realized it's so much better as it dries down. Luckily it seems to last quite awhile on me and it's nice to catch a whiff later in the day. The only other Creed I like is Aventus which is very unique and a much less safe scent to me.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
Pros: i simply like the scent
Cons: seem to recall it being alittle pricey
I have read the other posts and it seems I am the odd man out!!
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
joel
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.50 star(s) 26 ratings

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from joel

Top Bottom