What's new

Creed Bois du Portugal

Item Description

Bois du Portugal smells like wealth, sophistication and power. This is currently my favorite scent. I received a decant for Christmas, and I loved it from the first spray. It is spicy and woodsy, but the edge is softened by a powdery note. There is frankincense tucked into the dry down as well. It is long lasting even on my sillage slaying skin. A great winter and evening fragrance. The only drawback is the price tag.
Doug

Latest reviews

Top-notch scent. Unique, sophisticated, and well balanced: sweet, floral, and some leather. Very pricey, and could be a little more potent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This is a very classic masculine scent that is at home in any enviornment and on any occassion. The predominate note upon application to my nose is the bergamot followed almost immediately by lavender. The drydown is where this Creed shines. The woods really shine and come through with just intoxicating wafts of cedar and oak riding on a warm ambergris base. The longevity is excellent. As with all Creed's the price is high but in the 8 oz. flacon the price starts to get very reasonable indeed for a fragrance of this quality and class. Indeed at the Creed boutique B&M in NYC this can also be purschase in 500ml bottles for slightly less than $500. Not the most complex fragrance out there but what is there is sustantial and unforgettable. My favorite fragrance by a wide margin.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Creed's Bois is, in two words, pleasantly boring. Cedar, some oak, varying moss accords and an uplifting citrus on top. Not much else. Perhaps a classic wet shaver's fragrance, but for my money, I would much rather attack those around me with something challenging, like Kouros, or Quorum, which are arguably just as masculine, and for less than half the price. The bottle is beautiful with its new green label, and the juice is smooth and manly, with a classic Creed atomizer that dispenses an ounce of liquid per spray. I guess if I shaved more than once a week and needed something to compliment my 4711, Bois du Portugal would get serious play. I'm just not that kind of guy.

Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Doug
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...
Top Bottom