What's new

Crabtree and Evelyn sandalwood soap

I use this soap on a regular basis. I can whip up a very dense lather that really shaves well. I actually think this soap is a "go to" soap for me. I love the scent and the quality.

A very good product. Not the greatest thing in the world....but very very good.

Worth the money.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Sorry, but I thought that this soap was a disappointment (as compared to Proraso in a tub). It lacked gliding ability for the razor and had very little moisturising effect on the skin. The smell is questionable sandalwood (I bathe with real sandalwood soap from Mysore, India every day). Smells more of Cinnamon. It lathers well though. The smell I can live with, if only it had a better glide and moisturising effect.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
I really do like this soap but for me it has two problems.

1. Excellent thick creamy lather but not enough lubrication
2. When dry the soap smells awesome but once lathered, it looses much of it's smell.

Definatly in my rotation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
This is a very good smelling soap, I can generate a lot of lather, but the shave is poor. My razor does not glide across my face when I use this soap. The razor skips and stalls when I am shaving.

The one way I have found to make this soap usable is to combine the lather from the soap with a bit of Palmoive shave cream. Tha way the resulting cream smells great and lubricates well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
This Sandalwood soap seems to be widely used but in my opinion a little underappreciated. So what is good about it? It smells good, lathers nicely and takes care of your face in the most gentle, comforting manner (thanks to the added vitamin E ). Yes, it certainly isn't as exclusive as Trumpers or others but does it give a less good shave? No, shaves are great, time and again, and my face never feels dry as with many other brands. To sum up: just a great workhorse shave soap.
Top Bottom