What's new

C&E Dopp Kit

The blurb below is from the Baekgaard website. The manufacturer of the bag for C&E

Toiletry Kit - Tobacco Brown. 9“ x 5“ x 5.5“. Brown microfiber with black leather trim. The lining is vinylized woven plaid for water and stain resistance. The toiletry kit has a unique design allowing it to be opened in a manner that permits the user to see all contents in the bag. In addition, this piece has a unique zipped opening producing a compartment for separate storage in the bottom section of the piece.

The list price for this bag is 70.00 at C&E plus shipping - I purchased it on sale for 20.00 plus shipping. If I had ordered this at full price it would be sent back, While it is well made from upper range material I am extremely skeptical of the cost of these type of products. I feel that it is a 20.00-30.00 dollar bag in my estimation and as such a good value. All stitching, zippers and fabric where as expected insofar as fit and finish. While claiming to be unique, the design is a standard Dopp kit with the addition of a small bottom compartment.

As a rule I operate under the assumption that no one give prizes for suffering with out a product that I need (or want) so I usually have quite a range of items packed with me for a trip, this bag is slightly smaller than the one I had previously used. I was able to fit all the items is this bag if I packed it rather than casually tossing them in. In other words it took 50 seconds rather than 20 seconds to assemble- I travel quite a bit and as a rule leave everything packed up so this is not a great concern or a deal killer for me. One criticism of this bag is the lack of a loop or grab strap to pick it up when full- I cannot pick it up with one hand off the counter.

I plan on keeping this bag but I am still looking

displayimage.php
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
2.00 star(s)
This is a pretty good value at $20. It is hard to pick up, that is true. It has one feature that I am incredibly fond of though. The flannel interior is protected by a plastic coating. This makes leaks a breeze to clean. I also have the matching duffel and am quite fond of it.

I bought a second one for SWMBO. She uses it as a makeup kit and seems to be pretty pleased.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
3.00 star(s)
Performance
2.00 star(s)
Top Bottom