What's new

C&E Dopp Kit

This is a pretty good value at $20. It is hard to pick up, that is true. It has one feature that I am incredibly fond of though. The flannel interior is protected by a plastic coating. This makes leaks a breeze to clean. I also have the matching duffel and am quite fond of it.

I bought a second one for SWMBO. She uses it as a makeup kit and seems to be pretty pleased.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
3.00 star(s)
Performance
2.00 star(s)
The blurb below is from the Baekgaard website. The manufacturer of the bag for C&E

Toiletry Kit - Tobacco Brown. 9“ x 5“ x 5.5“. Brown microfiber with black leather trim. The lining is vinylized woven plaid for water and stain resistance. The toiletry kit has a unique design allowing it to be opened in a manner that permits the user to see all contents in the bag. In addition, this piece has a unique zipped opening producing a compartment for separate storage in the bottom section of the piece.

The list price for this bag is 70.00 at C&E plus shipping - I purchased it on sale for 20.00 plus shipping. If I had ordered this at full price it would be sent back, While it is well made from upper range material I am extremely skeptical of the cost of these type of products. I feel that it is a 20.00-30.00 dollar bag in my estimation and as such a good value. All stitching, zippers and fabric where as expected insofar as fit and finish. While claiming to be unique, the design is a standard Dopp kit with the addition of a small bottom compartment.

As a rule I operate under the assumption that no one give prizes for suffering with out a product that I need (or want) so I usually have quite a range of items packed with me for a trip, this bag is slightly smaller than the one I had previously used. I was able to fit all the items is this bag if I packed it rather than casually tossing them in. In other words it took 50 seconds rather than 20 seconds to assemble- I travel quite a bit and as a rule leave everything packed up so this is not a great concern or a deal killer for me. One criticism of this bag is the lack of a loop or grab strap to pick it up when full- I cannot pick it up with one hand off the counter.

I plan on keeping this bag but I am still looking

displayimage.php
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)