What's new

Brushless Shave Creme

Pros: Cheap in price, easy to use, gives a quick and close shave
Cons: Can clog up razor, may take a bit to clean up razor
I tried this cream several times before writing a review. At first I tried using a brush and after several attempts it did not function. Finally I just used my hands and I applied a significant amount on my face, since I figured it would probable not work well. I was wrong. This creme gave a lot of cushion and slickness as well as a very comfortable and fast shave. I got a very smooth shave and shaved quickly. My only issue with this creme is that it was clogging up my razor. I tried a Merkur Futur at first then a plastic DE razor. Specifically I used a Diane safety razor which worked a hell of a lot better. And it took less time to clean up. Then I used another plastic DE razor and also had good luck with it. I then tried an injector razor which also worked, but took longer to clean.

My recommendation is to use a razor that can be taken apart easily so that the clean up will also be easy. This is with any brushless shave creme.

This creme works well but I do miss using a brush. I do recommend this creme if you want to get a very fast shave. That is one of major positives I noticed when using this creme because when I'm short on time I can use this creme and I can get a quick shave.

Scent wise this has a minty type of smell. The sales guy told me that it was mentholated and that it feels really good on the face. Although I don't see menthol on the ingredients list. I do not feel any cooling effect when using it. I've read that the pink tub of this creme is more mentholated than the white tub.

I paid $5 at a barber supply store and what made me buy it was that the sales guy told me a lot of barbers use it and like it a lot. I've seen it at other stores for $6-$7. Plus it's 15 ounces which is a lot.

One side note is that I've read that several people like to use this as a pre shave creme and on the tub it states that it also works well as a facial cleanser.

I've read on several forums that some people like to use the creme in combination with other creams like Noxzema to get a super comfortable and enjoyable shave.

I give this cream a 9/10
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability