What's new

Baxter Blue Brush

proxy.php

Specs:
Handle height: 48mm
Overall height: 105mm
Knot diameter: ~25mm

Baxter Blue Brush

The Baxter of California Blue Brush is appears to be a re-branded Mühle, so you can expect some good quality. After several weeks of use, it has not lost one hair! My only good brush for comparison is an Art of Shaving Fine badger brush. The Baxter has definitely become my Sunday luxury brush.

Here it is, still relatively new, next to my AOS Fine.
proxy.php

Price: At $75, this seems like a pretty good price for a very decent brush.

Quality: As stated above, this brush is made by Mühle and I can't find one quality problem with it. No hairs have been lost.

Density: It's a fairly decent pack. It doesn't make for a lot of stiffness and might be more appropriate for creams then soaps. Baxter Blue is on the right, but not quite as broken in as my AOS brush:
proxy.php

Stiffness of tips: It's a bit soft, but not floppy. It will mash easily, and feels very luxurious.

Softness of tips: I haven't encountered any scratchiness. When warmed up and lathered, it feels nice and soft.

Ergonomic: I love the feel of the brush in my hand. It's got a fair amount of heft to it given the metal core. Attractively designed handle works well.

Latherability: It lathers like a monster! Using Proraso, it lathers quickly and gives you mounds of lather.

As a final comparision, here are both brushes in bloom.

Here's a link to my initial discussion thread after receiving the brush.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)