What's new

Arko shaving soap stick

This has surely become on of my favorite soaps. To me, it's second only to my beloved Tabac soap.

While I realize this is heresy - I think it quite handily trumps T&H shave soap as well, especially when you look at the value of the product.

I basically mashed 4 'tubes' of the soap into a square Rubbermaid container (laying on their sides) and use it as a large soap dish. It works like a charm with any brush from a larger Vulfix to a Polo 8. The soap is very moisturizing and cuts nice and close with great lubrication.

I think I paid $1.95 per 'tube' with shipping included (I bought 12 tubes, I think).

The smell is clean and "soapy" and it also works great as a hand/shower soap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Viewing the packaging of Arko Shaving Soap reminds me of something Marty would have found in the first "Back to the Future" movie. Very out of date, yet quaint. But what matters is inside. Peel back the foil wrapper, and you'll find a white "candle" of shaving soap. It's a shaving stick, and one that is easy to use. Twice the price of a puck of Williams Shaving Soap, but 10 times the soap. The scent it nice, but faint. This stuff lathers easily, and provides the basics for a good, quality shave. Definitely worth a try!

Randy
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing