Arko shaving soap stick

Average User Rating:
1.09322/5,
  • Viewing the packaging of Arko Shaving Soap reminds me of something Marty would have found in the first "Back to the Future" movie. Very out of date, yet quaint. But what matters is inside. Peel back the foil wrapper, and you'll find a white "candle" of shaving soap. It's a shaving stick, and one that is easy to use. Twice the price of a puck of Williams Shaving Soap, but 10 times the soap. The scent it nice, but faint. This stuff lathers easily, and provides the basics for a good, quality shave. Definitely worth a try!

Randy

Recent User Reviews

1. mtnredhed
    4/5,
    "The smell is growing on me but it's not its sellin"
    Pros - Slick lather
    Cons - smell
    The smell is growing on me but it's not its selling point. Stupid cheap, quick to lather, very good slickness. A little drying for me, but I often use an AS balm so it's not a deal killer. If I was stuck somewhere and this
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    2/5,
    Lather:
    4/5,
    Quality:
    3/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Moisturizing:
    3/5,
  2. sweet-shave-4ever
    3/5,
    "I got this one off ebay. 3 pieces for 5 US, shippi"
    I got this one off ebay. 3 pieces for 5 US, shipping from Turkey incl. Once the Arko arrived i did try it straight away, great leather compare to some other soaps. Scent is not really the one that appeals to me, more of a "cheap cleaning solution" scence. It is easy to lather and i mean you could be brain damaged and still get this product to perform. Great value for your buck!
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    1/5,
    Lather:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    3/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Moisturizing:
    3/5,
  3. emwolf
    3/5,
    "I've heard a lot of comments on the scent. I've wo"
    Pros - price
    Cons - lubrication
    I've heard a lot of comments on the scent. I've worked janitorial before and it doesn't smell of urinal cake. The best description for me is it smells like my grandmother's guest soap...kind of an old lady and lace. So, yes, it's a little much and takes some getting used to. It lathers extremely well and does an okay job gliding the blade along. It is drying and one should probably use a moisturizer afterwards. The price is its biggest redemption. This is the barbasol of soaps. It works and it's oh so cheap.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    1/5,
    Lather:
    3/5,
    Quality:
    2/5,
    Efficacy:
    2/5,
    Moisturizing:
    1/5,