What's new

Enough Razors?

Congratulations. Keep up the good work. Trust me it gets easier. I channeled into razors and fountain pens. And I'm saving a lot of cash too. Let's not talk about golf clubs. Whole other obsession.
Thanks very much! I am doing much better this month than I was in the last couple. My wife is supportive of the shave obsession (for now) and it is working for me. I need to quit smoking next which I hear is a whole other can of worms! I appreciate it.

I now use my ATT as my primary razor, with my Fatboy on Friday’s. Since I change blades after four shaves, that is when I pick my next razor. Typically, I might do two rotations with the ATT, then rotate in my Goodwill #164 or Old Type. Less frequently rotated in are my birth year Tech and birth quarter (C4) Flare Tip Superspeed, and even less frequently my NEW SC and NEW LC get a rotation. Given this type of rotation, I have more than enough, but if lucky enough, I really want to purchase and use a Wolfman. So this truly is a hobby and a luxury.

I think that one thing to think about is that for most of us, shaving has become a hobby. Thats why we have more soaps, razors, brushes and aftershaves that we will every need and still want to buy more.
Ive got 5 DE razors, 4 straight razors, 6 brushes and probably 10 soaps (and I recently thinned out my den quite a lot).
I think that at some point, you get to where youve tried pretty much everything there is, so your urge to buy stuff you dont need will kind of wane. I know that for me, Im kind of at that point. I know what I like and what works for me and I have no desire to rush out and buy every new soap/brush/razor that comes out. Actually, for the past 3 weeks, Ive been using disposables and carts (Schick Xtreme 3 and Hydro 5 and working my way through a stash or Schick and Bic disposables, Barbasol Ultra 6, Gillette Fusion Proglide and Mach 3) along with canned foam and have really enjoyed the efficiency of it.

I think that one thing to think about is that for most of us, shaving has become a hobby. Thats why we have more soaps, razors, brushes and aftershaves that we will every need and still want to buy more.
Ive got 5 DE razors, 4 straight razors, 6 brushes and probably 10 soaps (and I recently thinned out my den quite a lot).
I think that at some point, you get to where youve tried pretty much everything there is, so your urge to buy stuff you dont need will kind of wane. I know that for me, Im kind of at that point. I know what I like and what works for me and I have no desire to rush out and buy every new soap/brush/razor that comes out. Actually, for the past 3 weeks, Ive been using disposables and carts (Schick Xtreme 3 and Hydro 5 and working my way through a stash or Schick and Bic disposables, Barbasol Ultra 6, Gillette Fusion Proglide and Mach 3) along with canned foam and have really enjoyed the efficiency of it.
You have gotten to the point where disposables become the novelty. I like it! I think I'm getting to the point where enough is enough (or close). I got the way with records after a while. I got a decent Aristocrat with the case and a well worn President this week. I don't know where to go from here. My Gillette collection feels close to full. A good badger would be nice but I don't really have the money. I hate paying too much. A Simpson or something would make me feel a bit guilty.

Wait a sec, have you tried a 41' Ranger Tech or a Fatboy? What about a Blacktip SS or a Flaretip? Bluetip or a Redtip? You can see what I'm getting at, just in the TTO section of Gillette you have 20 or more different types of razors. Then you have another ton of Old Types, New Types so on and so on. What about the modern razors, there are so many you haven't experienced, you're just getting started. That's the fun of it all, experiencing the world of shaving.

Go to Mr-Razor's web site and check out all the different types of razors then hunt them down. Try them out and if you don't like them you can always sell them and move on to the next one. Along the way you'll find your favorites but won't know what you've missed until you experience them.

We'll talk about soaps, brushes and aftershave another time. :001_tt2:

Wait a sec, have you tried a 41' Ranger Tech or a Fatboy? What about a Blacktip SS or a Flaretip? Bluetip or a Redtip? You can see what I'm getting at, just in the TTO section of Gillette you have 20 or more different types of razors. Then you have another ton of Old Types, New Types so on and so on. What about the modern razors, there are so many you haven't experienced, you're just getting started. That's the fun of it all, experiencing the world of shaving.

Go to Mr-Razor's web site and check out all the different types of razors then hunt them down. Try them out and if you don't like them you can always sell them and move on to the next one. Along the way you'll find your favorites but won't know what you've missed until you experience them.

We'll talk about soaps, brushes and aftershave another time. :001_tt2:
Haha! I am further along than you might think! I know I haven't tried it all by any means but I am running out of money! Let me put it this way, I am not dying to try any other one at the MOMENT. [emoji2]

And you should see my soaps and my aftershaves. Good LORD do I have a lot of AS!

You have gotten to the point where disposables become the novelty. I like it! I think I'm getting to the point where enough is enough (or close). I got the way with records after a while. I got a decent Aristocrat with the case and a well worn President this week. I don't know where to go from here. My Gillette collection feels close to full. A good badger would be nice but I don't really have the money. I hate paying too much. A Simpson or something would make me feel a bit guilty.
Im all about whatever gives me the best shave possible. I love the retro style of wet shaving and the sensory experience of all the different scents of soaps and aftershaves but I also get great shaves from most disposables, carts and Barbasol/Gillette Foamy.

Top Bottom