What's new

What did you hone today?

Very nice, I'd go a little nuts trying to work on something that small. Great character in that razor, it looks like it would give an outstanding shave.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The stone really is a nice size for me. I think it is round 5.5" by 2.5" and yes the razor take a really good edge.

Very nice, I'd go a little nuts trying to work on something that small. Great character in that razor, it looks like it would give an outstanding shave.

Thanks. The stone really is a nice size for me. I think it is round 5.5" by 2.5" and yes the razor take a really good edge.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, it's actually about an inch longer than my coti bout, somehow it looked shorter than 5.5".
I got into a PM conversation about finishers over the last couple of days and ended up ordering a big Welsh Purple Slate off ebay. I'm anxious to see how it improves my coti edges.

AA46882A-4A4B-4926-9D9F-AC0BAB1BDFAC.jpeg

Brian Brown 7/8 and Dovo Sunday Shaver both got the full Naniwa SS progression (3k,5k,8k,12k)

Today I needed a hair cut. My wife normally cuts it, but she is out of town. I took the opportunity to hone our hollow ground hair cutting shears as demonstrated at Howard Clark's razor meet by Ozark Edger [Shawn] a couple of years back. Hollow ground shears are much like honing razors it turns out. Finished on a Nani 8k, then took the shears to Great Clips and had the stylist use my shears so that I could get professional feedback on how I did. She was very impressed and told the other stylist who was there how sharp they were. She used mine for most of the haircut then switched back to her $350 shears with swivel thumb hole.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Do any of you guys use a Tsushima for your Japanese knives? I’ve got a good one, but I’ve never been able to figure out exactly where it belongs in a razor or knife progression.

Top Bottom