What's new

Performance AND Scent

Just want to give a shoutout to Le Pére Lucien. One of the best artisan soaps around in both performance and scent. All scents are quite amazing, but I have a soft spot for Rose de Pushkar. Simply amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Jons is an excellent performer that has great scents. I've used their Hydra for a couple of years and it's probably my favorite soap overall.

When I got my first Stirling soap I had a heckuva time getting the lather right. Once I started face lathering instead my problems with the lather went away. I can vouch for it's excellence as a performer. And they have a ton of scents with matching splashes too.

Just want to give a shoutout to Le Pére Lucien. One of the best artisan soaps around in both performance and scent. All scents are quite amazing, but I have a soft spot for Rose de Pushkar. Simply amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you on LPL. My favorite is Oud/Santal, although Rose de Pushkar is a close second (if I didn't have MdC Rose, it would likely be #1). Apricot is very nice, but the scent is very faint. The Traditional is a very nice aromatic, herbal scent, with enough scent, but not really distinctive. Oud/Santal has a special spot in my den.

RR Tuscan Oud I can smell all the way to bedtime. I don't wear any eau de toilette or cologne but this smell stays with me the whole day through. I think it could be described as smoky or tobacco smell, so maybe not what the op is looking for.

Tabac to me doesn't smell like tobacco, more of a floral kind of a scent, and it lasts all day like the Tuscan Oud.

Out of the two, the Tabac is the better performer, but I really like the Tuscan Oud scent and keep it around for that.

I got the PAA soap from the big shave west, Tokyo Rose or something. It smells like a cherry coke and the smell is great during the shave, and after, though it doesn't last the whole day through.

For the very best scent, Los Angeles Shaving Soap Co.'s Bespoke #1 is right up there. During the shave, I want to eat the lather it smells so good. I find myself wanting to bury my nose in my bowl or brush and stay there awhile. It is a vetiver scent and not citrusy, but I love that smell. The only downside, it doesn't last. I'll get hints up to an hour after the shave, but not much beyond that. This is the one scent I would be well contented if it lasted all day long. I can't get enough. Performance is good, though not my best.

Chiseled Face Santa Paula for citrus. I like RR Amici and Eleganza, and the CF Santa Paula is even more of that citrusy goodness.
Chiseled Face Cedar and Spice for a very heavy, woody scent.
Chiseled Face Trade Winds for a refreshing alternative to bay rum or old spice.

CF soaps are the soft type like RazoRock but all their soaps have tallow and stronger scents than RR.

Fine soaps in my experience performs excellent and the fragrance last especially when combined with the matching aftershave.
For $12.50 a puck it's not bad. You can't go wrong with the Italian Citrus.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Nuavia, Czech & Speake, Saponificio Varesino, Martin de Candre Fougere, and lots of other artisan soaps. I haven't tried Fine soaps yet but their AS scents rock!

Top Bottom