What's new

Stirling Syndicate

If a menthol cool is what you are looking for Orange chill is excellent, it wont freeze your face off, Margaritas in the Arctic has a touch more menthol and is my max that I like. An excellent summer scent is Piacenza, it smells identical to Acqua do Parma EdC. If you like Sandpiper Piacenza should be right up your alley. Stirling's Lime offering is the best of the lime scenys I've used.

I just received sample pucks of their summer releases, South Padre, Island Man and Weekend in Malibu but I haven't gotten into them yet. A quick sniff I think I like South Padre the best.

Last edited:
I'm not a menthol guy, and don't really classify scents seasonally. If I like as scent, I'll use it year round. That said, florals always remind me of warm weather, so Stirling's descriptions should guide you in the right direction.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I'm not a menthol guy but coconut-lime and non-menthol grapefruit are very nice summer scents.

Cheers, Steve

Menthol head here. Year around, don't break down by season. Margaritas in the Arctic is always refreshing, Black Ice (anise) is another favorite. After mowing and getting all sweaty & hot, the Glacials, I have Lemon and Obsidian, will chill you right down. I also splash some Osage Rub on the scalp. Hmmm. :velva2:

I have Mountain Man and Creed SMW. Mountain Man is one of my 2 or 3 favorite aftershaves, and Creed SMW is in my top 5 for colognes. I could certainly live with either in the proverbial "You're on a desert island and this is the only one you will ever have for the rest of your life" test.

As far as the basic scent characteristics go, they are similar. That said, a $12 bottle of aftershave is not a $200 bottle of cologne. Whatever Mountain Man is doing, Creed is doing deeper, stronger, longer-lasting, more naturally, etc. Creed SMW is a masterpiece and Mountain Man is an imitation of a masterpiece. A lot of times I actually prefer slapping a bunch of Mountain Man all over my face rather than using SMW, because it comes with the sting and you can use lots and lots of it without going broke. They certainly work fantastically well together.

Short answer, its scent definitely resembles Creed SMW and could be thought of as the aftershave version of SMW.

Another nod for MITA from me with a special mention to Frozen Tundra. I live in Illinois and these both are in my yearly rotation. I'm not sure about anyone else but both my house and bathroom are heated in the winter so I use menthol year round. By the time I am ready to head out of the house most of the menthol has worn off so its the same as most any Stirling soap for any time of the year...

I was lookin into this too, the gin & tonic on the rocks sounds really nice to me. It's unfortunate that you can't get a sample of that, I'll have to dive right in for that full tub.

I've had quite a few laying around for around 4 months, they all smell the same as when I got them. Since you have so many though, definitely go with the suggestions of keeping them in a cool dark place, and i'm pretty sure freezing them wouldn't hurt if it takes you a while to get through one.

I was lookin into this too, the gin & tonic on the rocks sounds really nice to me. It's unfortunate that you can't get a sample of that, I'll have to dive right in for that full tub.
The regular gin and tonic is really nice. I do not see an issue with a mentholated tub of it. Since I have a full puck of it holding off but looking at iced pineapple and island man.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I have about 15 different Stirling samples. I just keep them in snack size ziplock bags and remove a small piece when I want to use one. Been doing this for 2 months with no issues.

holy moly am I glad I live in the US. I'm sure you'll like them, but I don't think you'll like them enough to be worth that price...

Rod had mentioned in a recent video he posted that the samples are wrapped in a breathable material and will continue to cure. I know it does really answer your question, but I think it's safe to say that it'll last a while.

I've had a sample puck in my car for more than 5 months I think and it still smells great [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

For what its worth, last month I opened and used a sample of stirling's scots pine sheep soap I bought over 18 months ago in Aug 2015. The scent did not seem to have diminished appreciably, and the sample gave me 14 fantastic shaves.

I hope you enjoy those soaps and I'm sure you will. Be advised that the Glacial Lemon Chill requires a high tolerance to menthol because it's extremely cold. One thing I'll say is these Stirling soaps are very easy to lather and they're really skin-friendly.

Top Bottom