What's new

Photo of the Day

Nothing picture but i thought this was pretty cool. When i checked my little weather station before bed last night, to record the days max/min temperatures and times for those extremes as well as reset for today, this was the display for the day's max.

dave

I was staying in a cabin with my father during the Easter holiday near a small fishing village, although calling it a fishing village today is stretching it, as there are only two "big" boats left, and they are only used for tourist sport fishing.
This one belongs to an old fisher, but it hasn't been out for almost two years, and it is pulled way up on the beach, which is the harbour for these boats.

proxy.php

My new toy?
I love it, and not just because it is new. It has a lot of great features, some I will probably never use and others that will get a lot of use.
The capability of 12fps is nice, but not one I think I will use much, nice to have though, and I have been playing a bit with it.
It has two card slots with several options of how to write to them, but a couple of them is quite interesting; the ability to write the same shot to both cards, or in sequence (one card is full, continue on the next) or write jpeg to one card and raw to the other when shooting in raw+jpeg mode.

I will be needing a new wide angle if I want to shoot in full format mode, as the one I got gives me vignetting, but I can set the camera to APS-C mode (Manual or Auto mode) and then it just behaves like my A77, so I am not pressed, but... :001_smile
The number of focus points is almost confusing and it has both a face recognising and eye recognising feature I haven't tried yet, but I saw a video with a professional photographer who used the eye recognising for portraits, but only for those shots as it slows the autofocus.
Another feature I haven't tried, but is on my list, is the ability to use a smartphone as a controller for the camera, I am interested in how long the reach is for the communication between them, but it could be a nice remote trigger.

I am still discovering and trying to learn the features and how to set up the camera as almost every button on it can be customised.
The offer of the camera came with a 1 hour personal lesson which will take place next Friday, so I hope to learn even more, especially about customising.
And of course also very important; it feels great in my hands, the size is perfect and it feels like a very good build - some of the body and the frame is made of magnesium and it is weather sealed (not waterproof).

And here is another shot from the fisherman's village
proxy.php

Nice ones Gentlemen :thumbup

Here is one of my niece's dog, Titan.
He loves to run up and down the dunes at the beach.

proxy.php

Top Bottom