What's new

First Valet shave

When I put my monthly order into Connaught Shaving a week or two back, I noticed that they now carry Feather SE blades. With no real thought about what razor they'd go in, I ordered a pack.

After checking Youtube I had to admit that taking the spine off a Gem blade was a bit too fiddly for me, so I headed off to eBay for a razor the blades would fit.

It arrived yesterday and required only a few minutes and a gentle toothbrush scrub to remove a few layers og antediluvian shaving soap.

$268144_10151523879173134_914546518_n.jpg

Gave it a spin this morning and despite my trepidation had a fine shave without as much as a weeper :)

The Valet gives me a good shave, love it but the longevity of the Feather is poor, 3 shaves at most..and I don't understand why this is as I can get over a dozen shaves from a DE blade in all the razors I have from the Tech to the Sticky. Also good longevity from Schick Type E although 1912 variants drop to 5 shaves max.

I also had the same blade longevity problem with the feather blades so after a look on ebay a vc1 winged its way to me, i now find that i get 6-8 shaves with a
de splined conaught blade which is the same for the injectors that i have, but of course ymmv.

I also had the same blade longevity problem with the feather blades so after a look on ebay a vc1 winged its way to me, i now find that i get 6-8 shaves with a
de splined conaught blade which is the same for the injectors that i have, but of course ymmv.

+1

And to the comment above, popping the spine off is pretty quick & easy even if it looks fiddley before you do it the first time

Top Bottom