What's new

Merkur 23c bent handle where's quality control?

Just found out my handle is bent, it's a mystery how this passed their quality control! I will return it ASAP, but I'm afraid my next merkur will have another strange defect like this. Btw, it gives me very fine shaves but this is not acceptable, especially because they are famous for their high quality products.

$image.jpg

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 176
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 177
Try Merkur themsleves aswell. I know sone of the guys here have had new parts sent out at notcost straight from the factory.

Try Merkur themsleves aswell. I know sone of the guys here have had new parts sent out at notcost straight from the factory.

Thank you, will try as a last option.

Yes, somehow it looks cool, it has a "hand made" appeal to it (because it is really hand made maybe:)

There's been a few quality gaffes from Merkur lately. The complaints mostly seem to center around the quality of the plating.

As a highly-regarded manufacturer, I have every confidence they will stand by their quality and make right by you if (for some weird reason) the vendor doesn't.

I don't see it. I am sure it is bent, Merkur has some great razor designs but pretty shoddy material and QC, but I don’t personally see the bend in those pictures (I am using a 19” monitor right now).

Ones bound to get by at some point. I'm sure the vendor you bought it from will square you away.

:lol: Get it? Squared away:lol:

Last edited:
QC slips happen in any industry.

too bad you get to see this first hand

Return/exchange it as others have recommended

Had contact with the vendor, think he will leave me in the cold like someone here predicted and loose a (well buying) customer. I try to contact Merkur myself if we definitely can't work it out together. Or maybe to save myself all the trouble and keep it in the end. It's a perfect razor for me, the 23c. Mild razor, well balanced and the long handle is great.
thank you all again for the feedback!

Top Bottom