What's new

Mama Bear collection update....

Actually, I cut him off.. I just send him the new ones now as they come out... :blush:

Your soap is habit forming. I have actually given a few away that weren't getting much attention and re-purchased because I missed them.

A question I have for you is if you have a Heather and Fern soap. I bought next an old "Seaforth Heather 'n' Fern" shave mug and the soap is long gone. My next temptation would be that if you had it and a re-purchase of Awkenings because boy, it sure gets hot and humid here in Cajun Country.

I have so many that I am good till 2020. I have recently started using her bath soap which is very nice. Now how about some mustache wax?

Your soap is habit forming. I have actually given a few away that weren't getting much attention and re-purchased because I missed them.

A question I have for you is if you have a Heather and Fern soap. I bought next an old "Seaforth Heather 'n' Fern" shave mug and the soap is long gone. My next temptation would be that if you had it and a re-purchase of Awkenings because boy, it sure gets hot and humid here in Cajun Country.

I don't have a heather and fern, but suspect that is a special blend that Seaforth creates or has created for them...

I don't have a heather and fern, but suspect that is a special blend that Seaforth creates or has created for them...

I would imagine there are endless requests for specific scents people either remember from the past or are curious about.

Seaforth's heyday was the 40s and 50s and has long since departed from the scene. Their advertising and containers really create a desire to try their products.

I've got enough soap to seemingly last a lifetime, but really enjoy my quiet time every morning in front of the shaving mirror before heading for work. It seems like every day I'm in the mood for a particular scent and if I never use it all up I've got my money's worth for that spark it puts in my day. That stuff you put out smells and lathers great.

Dustin,
I think that this has reached an inflection point, i.e., Sue will soon be buying from you (as will the rest of us) :lol::lol:

Dude...that's one serious collection man. Actually more like a shrine...Kudos brotha :thumbup1:

Let's see. Mama Bears Shaving Soap Acquisition Disorder = MBSSAD.

Seems like he has it a particularly nasty strain of the AD disease!

I noticed a Moss scuttle in the background in the op. Mama Bear's don't do well with heat. Do you use it with the MB lather?

I noticed a Moss scuttle in the background in the op. Mama Bear's don't do well with heat. Do you use it with the MB lather?

Ron,

Actually it is a Dirty Bird scuttle. I cold water shave now but have found that before I switched to only Mama Bear, any soap or cream would break down rather fast if the scuttle was HOT. The trick to keeping the cream or soap from breaking down is getting the water warm. I rarely use a scuttle now. For one, it is not worth my time to try and get my water the perfect temperature to keep the lather from breaking down. Secondly, I have found that I get just as good of a shave using cold water as opposed to hot/warm water. In the cases that I don't face lather and build my lather, I use a personalized mug that Julie with Dirty Bird made for me.

DL

well said. you bespoke what many of us, I am sure, feel. thanks :thumbup:

I would imagine there are endless requests for specific scents people either remember from the past or are curious about.

Seaforth's heyday was the 40s and 50s and has long since departed from the scene. Their advertising and containers really create a desire to try their products.

I've got enough soap to seemingly last a lifetime, but really enjoy my quiet time every morning in front of the shaving mirror before heading for work. It seems like every day I'm in the mood for a particular scent and if I never use it all up I've got my money's worth for that spark it puts in my day. That stuff you put out smells and lathers great.

Dude ever see hoarding buried alive?? *lol* Hey as long as you are happy and all but how do you decide which one to use? I would be lost hell I can't decide between the 6 creams and soaps I have now.

Dude ever see hoarding buried alive?? *lol* Hey as long as you are happy and all but how do you decide which one to use? I would be lost hell I can't decide between the 6 creams and soaps I have now.

I have, none were as neat and organized as his stash, lol...

AWOL,

The rack that the brushes are on is a three tier spice rack from either Walmart or Bed, Bath, Beyond. My scuttle and shaving mug are underneath a rack that I bought at walmart. It has folding wire LEDs and is about 8" x 12". On top of that rack is two toothbrush holders which hold a total of 7 DE razors and on straight. Laying flat on the rack are a Merkur Vision, Futur, Progress, and a 64 Gillette Slim. Also on top of the arch is an antique blade bank. I'm currently on my phone but I will try to post close up pics of that later.

DL

Dustin, amazing collection. I think Mama Bear should create a special soap in you honor! :001_smile

Did you ever get a chance to snap a photo of the brush and razor racks? They look like interesting solutions to my growing collection of shaving clutter!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.

Ron, I use both Mama Bear (only 6 so far) and Cella with my DB and get pretty much the same lather from all of them. I don't think any soap does well with too hot water; I go for very warm to hot, but stop short of HOT HOT,

Top Bottom