What's new

Anyone NOT like Mama Bears?

It's easy to lather. It works well. It smells nice.

The only issue I have is that it doesn't last as long as triple milled soaps, but it's not like anyone of us is actually thinking about saving money :tongue_sm

I jus got my first and not last tub of mysore sandalwood and it was frozen from sitting in the mailbox I got my badger and wet it and slapped it in and whipped up a lil and put it in my mug and bam tons of lather I mean plenty more than any cream I've lathered so far. it smells great and she's has the best customer service

I absolutely HATE Mama Bears! What is she thinking offering over 150 scents in an outstanding shave soap! I can't possibly purchase them all and it's all her fault I'm I'm faced with this predicament.

The only issue I have is that it doesn't last as long as triple milled soaps, but it's not like anyone of us is actually thinking about saving money :tongue_sm

Still they last a long time. I'm keeping track of shaves from one of her tubs of soap and will post results when the soap is gone, but that might be a while. I already have 106 shaves on it and there's plenty left.

I've got her Dublin Tweed shaving soap,Dublin Tweed bath soap and Dublin Tweed cologne splash.

I like the sync in products. Especially if I like the scent.

And of course they're all great products.

I also think it's cool that people buy her stuff from all over the world. On her website is a guy from Sweden? or somewhere doing a lather demo.
:thumbup1:

I've got her Dublin Tweed shaving soap,Dublin Tweed bath soap and Dublin Tweed cologne splash.

I like the sync in products. Especially if I like the scent.

And of course they're all great products.

I also think it's cool that people buy her stuff from all over the world. On her website is a guy from Sweden? or somewhere doing a lather demo.
:thumbup1:

She just sent soap to a customer in Moscow, Russia.

Sue is the goods.:thumbup1:

DL

That's what matters right?

... has the best customer service

All of our vendors on B&B are great, but it seems she is constantly online. She really takes care of us B&Bers

I absolutely HATE Mama Bears! What is she thinking offering over 150 scents in an outstanding shave soap! I can't possibly purchase them all and it's all her fault I'm I'm faced with this predicament.

And that's the nail in the coffin for me in choosing MB soaps over others. I highly doubt anybody on this site can't find one of her scents they like. For that matter, some of the guys on here can't seem to find one of hers they don't like.

...BTW Guinness, your name reminds of a thread I believe you commented on about The Beer Soap Co. These pucks got decent comments about the smell and rather poor comments on the lathering quality. I wonder if Mama would or has considered any beer scented soaps....I'd be all over that!

The thing I like most about Mama Bear's soaps is the menthol that's added to some of the flavors. You can't get many good off the shelf things with menthol that don't smell medicinal.

I get what you're saying and agree that they won't last as long as a TM soap but then, that's a apple to oranges comparison as no glycerin based / melt and pour shave soap will last as long (equal amounts of each) as a TM. But, that doesn't mean they won't still last a long time and do provide an outstanding lather. I'm not saying this to be confrontational but instead, for the benefit of newbies.

Actually, with all the scent she offers, I'm glad one doesn't last me 6 months to a years. It gives me a reason to buy another and try a different scent!

There are two things I don't like about her soaps. 1) they are generally pretty heavy on the scent. That usually isn't a big deal, but if I'm on the border about a scent it usually pushes me to the side of dislike. 2) There are way too many scents to choose from. I get paralyzed when trying to pick and often choose not to buy one. I feel like the disappointment of picking one that might not be perfect is almost worse than not having one at all.:blushing:

She has probably the largest selection of scents available in a soap that performs well, on top of being a very likable person. She has also consistently offered excellent support, to my knowledge.

Performance is good and the scents are... :drool:
An added perk are the containers are perfect for a lot of other soaps.

Sue rocks! While I have only purchased one soap from her, her service is the best! She has to be the sweetest lady in the business world I have dealt with :w00t:. I suppose if I ever get off my cream binge I will need to go back and use soaps again.

I love it as well. It lathers great with a cheapo VDH brush and a Shea Moister badger as well and feels like a nice cream after whipping it up. At least it does for me

I agree Mama Bear's customer service is top notch, I order 3 scents last week and when I received them 2 out of 3 were correct so I shot her an email and within 2 hours she replied informing me she was shipping out the correct scent at her expense and to just keep the other one. That's great customer service and I am very happy with her product View attachment $P1020069.jpg-Blade Boy

Top Bottom