What's new

Any utility knife that uses DE Blades?

So I'm sitting here cutting open packages that I get from Amazon and I started thinking.
Since I have so many DE Blades, I wanted to know if there are utility knives out there that take DE Blades as well.

I'm not cutting anything hard or thick, just small packages and tapes from boxes.

I have a really old one somewhere that does. But I think most take GEM or trapezoid style blades.

You just need some GEM razors to buy GEM blades for, then you’ll have so many GEM blades you can get a utility knife for?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I cut up cardboard to pack the recycling and have bought many utility blade holders always looking for something better. I’ve never thought of using a de blade. Not sure they are tough enough for cardboard maybe cutting tape and packing.

R

romsitsa

Gillette Canada made a nice one, also Rotbart. These are vintage, but available on the bay. Folding cigar cutters also work.

I cut up cardboard to pack the recycling and have bought many utility blade holders always looking for something better. I’ve never thought of using a de blade. Not sure they are tough enough for cardboard maybe cutting tape and packing.
Try one of the Milwaukee Fastback line. My EDC is a Milwaukee Fastback compact. I have $300 folding knives but the Milwaukee is the one I carry every day, lol. $9 at the Depot.

Find a Gillette or Autostrop-branded vintage cutter.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

My first thought was that the DE blades are too thin for such use. But that old holder looks like it would be just fine.

Stan

Top Bottom