What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

Simpsons Chubby 3 LE Sovereign Fibre
0EADFFBD-822F-4DED-A4DF-218A657FC877.jpeg
4D0D2A86-775B-4FA4-B708-AAE5D0681F80.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
A.S.Razor shave, Tue, June 1st 2021

Razor: Everready 1924(AKA shovelhead)- Mfg-1924-33, great mid range, different way of loading blades from back, once dialed in it will give excellent shaves and a joy to use with great audio feedback. Takes a regular Gem blade that is one of the best.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Gillette PURE cream, nice refreshing scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 22mm Cola, 1st use of this new addition Den brush, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, not a lather hog, nice scrub + excellent lather painter. This would be a also for a excellent travel brush and regular Den use IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG+ pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my ER 1924 shovelhead with a coated Gem blade.
Brush collage June 1st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I don’t have any T1/T2/T3 to compare the color. I see why the T1/T2/T3 have a big following, the Sovereign Fibre is great. I just had to jump on the Chubby 3 LE even though it’s significantly more expensive than the T3. I really enjoy the brush.
Keep us posted as it breaks in. My one experience with the Chubby, a lowly Chubby 1 in best badger, confirms it to be a prolific shedder.

Top Bottom