What's new

What's your favourite blade to use in your DE89?

What's your favourite blade to use your your DE89?
My DE89 was the first DE razor I ever bought. Over 25 years ago. Since then I've collected quite a few razors and paired them with different blades. I love experimenting to see what razor/blade combination works best.
I still use my DE89 as part of my rotation and I personally find that sharper bladed work best with it. Feather, Bic, Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless, Gillette London Bridge etc. Try one of these out.
On the other hand, I know some guys who prefer less sharp blades with their DE89.
As always, YMMV.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

I don't have a favourite blade to use in DE89, because I don't like the DE89. :lol:
But if I have to use it, I'd use a blade that is very sharp.

I used a DE89 for 10 years and mostly used Feather blades. But it's a very generic razor and different blades show their own character in it. Other razors can be more quirky about blades. My favorite DE89 blade may have been the now almost unobtainable Polsliver, mild and long-lasting. The GSB is excellent, too.

In my view can the DE89 be paired with different blades and give a good shave. An excellent allround razor. I commonly use it with Personna Blue Lab, Polsilver SI and Astra SP. All combinations give good shaves.

I have the DE86 (same head, different handle) and for me it works best with very sharp blades. My current favourite blade to use in it is a BIC Chrome Platinum.

My personal ’top-tier’ (for what it is worth in no particular order):
Astra SP
Personna Lab
Personna Red
GSB
Nacet
:clap: :clap:

I picked mine up the other day after about 60 days of not using it. I was startled by the good, smooth, close shave with whatever I last left in there. So of course I then looked to see what blade. A Personna Lab with I don't know how many shaves on it. Probably about 2.

Personna Platinum right now combines the smoothness of a Derby with the closeness of a Feather, works so well for me I stocked up on what should be a lifetime supply. But also get good results with three Derby ( Extra, USTA, Prime ) Astra SP, Gillette various colors, (Yellow, Green ), Feathers ( sometimes harsh ). The ‘89’s have become my go-to/desert island razor.

Top Bottom