What's new

PIF: Pre de Provence No. 63 soap and balm

Continental Europe so not in.
It's weird: 'Pré de Provence', produced in a neighbouring country but not available around here. If only someone could sent over a small chip to appreciate the smell...
It smells somewhat like L'Occitane Eau de Baux, but with cedar instead of cypress. Most suited to Fall and Winter. The performance is very good.

PdP is made in France for sale in North America by a company in Seattle, Washington (European Soaps, LLC). That company doesn't market the soap in Europe, though they contract out the soap making to a French company.

There's a very similar soap from a French company, La Maison du Savon de Marseille. It looks almost the same as PdP, same tin, but different graphics, different name, similar but not identical formula and scent.

They have scents called Monsieur and Rebel.
1618131987405.png

Last edited:
There's a very similar soap from a French company, La Maison du Savon de Marseille. It looks almost the same as PdP, same tin, but different graphics, different name, similar but not identical formula and scent.

They have scents called Monsieur and Rebel.
View attachment 1249798
Brilliant, just brilliant!
What's more, La Maison du Savon de Marseille seems to be Belgian (my home country), not French.

Brilliant, just brilliant!
What's more, La Maison du Savon de Marseille seems to be Belgian (my home country), not French.
They have a lot of boutique locations. Maybe you could visit one. I am not sure how close the scents are to PdP that we get here.

I'm in -- thanks! I bought the 63 cream in a tube, and while I love the scent, it doesn't perform well for, brushed or brushless. But I love the Bergamot & Thyme soap and balm; having the 63 in those same formats would be most welcome.

Top Bottom