What's new

School me on YAQI synthetic brushes backbone

Just going to say...the synths from Yaqi are better than most of my brushes alone...however the badgers in 2 band best are the Best brushes I’ve used they are amazing... the wall of badger aka Yaqi moka express 26mm 2band 🦡 in best is my no1 brush....it’s huge it has nice soft gel tips it doesn’t really need soaking for long just wet and away you go really..I’ve had 0 issues with cream ...soap...croaps...anything really...something maybe to consider as another option.....but the synths are great as well! If I didn’t have those 2 bands I’d probably be still using the Yaqi synths...I’ll be
Honest the synths backbones are there but not the best...however that doesn’t stop them from producing great lather...
Tnx for the notion, I appreciate it.

After some research, it turns out I can order Simpson Trafalgar T2 and have it free-shipped within 2 business days, for less than ordering Yaqi via AliExpress and waiting 2 months for it. Kind of puts things into a different perspective...

1609629245247.png

1609629368279.png

Sure Yaqi makes some great brushes, but please don’t limit your option. Dscosmetic has a large selection of brushes that are as fine as any Yaqi brush, but with more options and different knot types.

I haven’t heard of ds cosmetics I’ll have to take a look at them....yea pricing is different around the world a Simpson is more expensive here but maybe cheaper over there...around $45.34 US to get one here o_o

You might possibly like the omega s-brush too, it's supposed to be modeled after a boar although it gets mixed reviews, but does have higher backbone.

Don't even think about the Boss knot. I have this one in 24mm and although the splay is perfect it collapses on your face due to the low backbone.

What you may like is a Tuxedo with a higher glue bump like the one with yellow/ orange handle from Yaqi but then again it isn't even close to a boar brush. A Plissoft is a good choice too, the backbone is there and doesn't splay as easily as the other synthetics which means better resistance.

What I like about synthetics is that they make lather in no time, they are no lather thieves so they release instantly the product once loaded.
Im really obsessed with synthetics and I have 12 of them with 2 more on the way.

Top Bottom