What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Last 100 blade purchase was Big Ben Super Stainless because they work well with my Rockwell 6S, and I was low because I gave some to my brother to try.

100 Lord Platinum because I wanted to try something different. They were very inexpensive. They are working well but they may only be a 3 or 4 shave per blade blade, after the dragging from last night. I still love them, though. No cuts or weepers even with my non gentle technique.

Tried about 35 different brands but never Voskhod's. And the bay had the 100 pack for really cheap...
proxy.php

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk
Nice blades. Definitely in my Top 5 list.

Had to buy the 100 pack of Voskhod from Italian Barber on sale. Threw in some soaps and aftershaves.
Heard so much good stuff about Voskhod that i bought it as a blind buy. At $7.99 for 100 it's worth a gamble.

Dorco Prime Platinum STP-301 on Amazon for $10.93
Korea or Vietnam version? I will know on Monday. Heard the one from Nam is better.
<crosses fingers>

Last edited:
Just got my Lab Blues delivered today, after a several day delay via USPS. Got the 100 pack that also included an extra 20 blades. They shipped from Cleveland, but to the wrong Post Office 50 miles from me. Forwarding them to my PO took another 2 days .
$13.49 order total, but my final cost is $3.49.
I used a $5 credit for a previous late Guaranteed Delivery from E-Bay, plus another $5 credit for this late Guaranteed Delivery.

Just got my Lab Blues delivered today, after a several day delay via USPS. Got the 100 pack that also included an extra 20 blades. They shipped from Cleveland, but to the wrong Post Office 50 miles from me. Forwarding them to my PO took another 2 days .
$13.49 order total, but my final cost is $3.49.
I used a $5 credit for a previous late Guaranteed Delivery from E-Bay, plus another $5 credit for this late Guaranteed Delivery.
$3.49 for 100 Lab Blues may be a new record, nice score! I got 200 recently for $10 per 100.

I've got 100 GSB's & 100 Nacet's on the way. Why? Just because!

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
$3.49 for 100 Lab Blues may be a new record, nice score! I got 200 recently for $10 per 100.
I've got 100 GSB's & 100 Nacet's on the way. Why? Just because!

Wow, were they not much more expensive? Lab blues, I think, belong to a higher than average quality of blades. How can it be that they cost 10$ per 100? The Med Preps supposed to be pretty close in their quality and level, aren't they? So how come they cost about four times the price of Lab blues - around 40$ per 100? Is there such a great difference in their quality and performance? I'm just wondering. I have used both these blades but only twice or three times. Am I missing something here?

Wow, were they not much more expensive? Lab blues, I think, belong to a higher than average quality of blades. How can it be that they cost 10$ per 100? The Med Preps supposed to be pretty close in their quality and level, aren't they? So how come they cost about four times the price of Lab blues - around 40$ per 100? Is there such a great difference in their quality and performance? I'm just wondering. I have used both these blades but only twice or three times. Am I missing something here?
Yep - you're definitely missing something. Please refer to my actual post (#1954) & not just the reply to it 😁

@Space_Cadet, The Superior Shave was having a closeout on the Personna Comfort Coated, $10 per 100. They might still have some in stock at that sale price.
Looks like the Superior Shave guy is DESPERATE to be rid of them - All I saw was a deal on 3 - 100 packs for $29.61 The E-Bay seller still has several 100 packs for $13.49, but no longer Guaranteed Free Delivery, just standard Free Delivery.

Top Bottom