What's new

Howcome no one told me?? (the NEW SC is perfect)

Had my first shave with the NEW SC. I gotta say, this is the least fussy razor I've ever used. I mean the shave was just effortless and it was super close without even a hint of discomfort. Absolutely no feedback from Clubman. The NEW SC might be the perfect razor.
What is a SC razor?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I've had a really great shave with my Short comb as well. I think I prefer it a tad over the long comb. It's been back and forth.

It certainly is one of the great razors made by Gillette. I'm glad you've discovered it. Now the best part... you get to enjoy it day after day!!!

I have been idly updating the ratings I give my razors. Here is my OC list down through level B1. The New SC is tied at the top with the Karve brass OC. The only other DEs I rate A1 are two slants.

A1 Karve OC B,C,D
A1 Gillette New SC x2 (rhodium and brass)

A2 Fatip Piccolo nickel
A2 Gillette New Deluxe
A2 RR GC-OC84 custom handle
A2 RR GC-JAWS custom handle

A3 PAA Nickel DOC
A3 Fatip Piccolo SE

B1 ATT R2 custom handle
B1 Gillette Goodwill
B1 Gillette New LC x3

A lot of people have been talking about it for a long time. I guess you didn't get to hear them, but it definitely has its fans.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
The New SC is tied at the top with the Karve brass OC
What stands out the most between these two razors, John? I find the combs on my Fatips more comfortable than the New SC....
BTW, I got a very close shave with little effort and no touch-ups with the FOCS(2) last night :clap:

What stands out the most between these two razors, John? I find the combs on my Fatips more comfortable than the New SC....
BTW, I got a very close shave with little effort and no touch-ups with the FOCS(2) last night :clap:

As you might know, the FOCS is one of my 'A1' slants. It will a supreme act of will to wait for a nickel plate version.

The SC, especially the rhodium replate, for me has a slightly more comfortable comb than the LC or the Deluxe. I consider the Fatip comb to be just about perfect. The Karve comb is just a little heavy, a quibble is all that is.

The SC is lighter overall than the Karve, a plus for me. With the plate choices, the Karve is more versatile. The sense of history for the SC just about perfectly balances my respect for the design, build quality and integrity of the Karve.

My ratings aren't solely on shave qualities. The rhodium plating job on the one SC is excellent. If I only had the brass SC it might go down a notch. And if Fatip had a consistent top quality build the Piccolo OC might go up a notch. Or even push the Karve down a notch. But the Fatip pricing is incredible as it is. I hope Premana is healthy!

Add some #8 bird shot together with some melted candle wax inside the common bar handle to give it a little heft, and it’s make an awesome little razor even awesomer! ;-)

Cleaned and polished my SC today. It was a bit on the duller side but it shined up nicely.

Gillette NEW SC before clean up.jpg
Gillette NEW SC Clean up.jpg

Top Bottom