What's new

Craft Store find

My wife picked this up today from a local craft store. The soap is Patchouli and very strong. The brush looks to be a banded boar.

I'll try the brush out this evening with my Arko but I'm not so sure about the soap. It's a really hard puck.

Not bad for $8.

IMG_4741.jpg

proxy.php

Well, I had high hopes for the brush but alas it was knot meant to be. This is after just one use. It’s a very small, thin knot. It’s probably a 19-20mm. The smallest I use and prefer is 24mm. I also have a 26mm and a 28mm. It has zero backbone. It’s actually knotted and tangled right now as if it was horsehair. It didn’t have any funk so I’m knot really sure of it’s banded boar or maybe something else. I do like the handle so it will be fitted with a different knot as soon as I get some more time off from work.

The only plus was it used minimal soap from my Arko puck and I had literally just enough to do my face and head, 3 passes each. Nothing went down the drain, but that isn’t enough to offset the poor performance. My wife even came to see what I thought about it, took one look at it and said it didn’t look right. She said it didn’t look like my other ones. Hopefully the soap is decent, then it will at least be worth the $8 she spent on it.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

Keep us posted on the soap's performance.

I think I’ll test lather the soap tomorrow and see how it does. I do know it’s not M&P at least, just not sure if it’s cold or hot processed.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Still a nice handle. As you say, add a new knot and you have a nice brush. I hope that the soap goes okay.

Well here’s the soap test. I did a test lather this morning with my Synth so I wouldn’t have to soak a boar. It’s a different kind of lather than I’m used to with tallow soaps. Here’s the ingredients list:

proxy.php

The lather seems airy. Almost like a meringue. It will take a lot of water and the puck is hard. I didn’t even wear down the cut marks in the puck. I lathered from a dry puck. I have it soaking now to see if that will make a difference. I may try it in a shave next weekend. It doesn’t feel slick or cushiony in my hand.

Lather pic:

proxy.php

interesting, congrats on the wife thinking of you!
have to wonder if the artisan will keep their brand name over time, what with all the uproars nowadays?

It will work as a hand soap or shower soap so all is not lost. That’s kinda the consistency of the lather anyways.

Well here’s the soap test. I did a test lather this morning with my Synth so I wouldn’t have to soak a boar. It’s a different kind of lather than I’m used to with tallow soaps. Here’s the ingredients list:

proxy.php

The lather seems airy. Almost like a meringue. It will take a lot of water and the puck is hard. I didn’t even wear down the cut marks in the puck. I lathered from a dry puck. I have it soaking now to see if that will make a difference. I may try it in a shave next weekend. It doesn’t feel slick or cushiony in my hand.

Lather pic:

proxy.php

Sorry!! But not surprised as (for me): OLIVE OIL is a lather killer! :sob: :sob:

Your wife gets full credit for the effort!!

Top Bottom