What's new

Newbie check-in aftershave question

Just joined the community. I’m really enjoying all the discussions, leaning a lot. Any suggestions on a good readily accessible aftershave?

Just joined the community. I’m really enjoying all the discussions, leaning a lot. Any suggestions on a good readily accessible aftershave?

Welcome to B&B, Jmp63.
Pinaud Clubman and Old Spice are both widely available year-round scents.
For Summer, you may wish to try a mentholated aftershave such as Aqua Velva, Barbasol Brisk or Skin Bracer.

Welcome to B&B, Jmp63.
Pinaud Clubman and Old Spice are both widely available year-round scents.
For Summer, you may wish to try a mentholated aftershave such as Aqua Velva, Barbasol Brisk or Skin Bracer.
I appreciate the ideas! I’ll look into those. I picked up the cheap glass bottle of Gillette, but would like to see what else is out there. Thank you!

I prefer aftershave balms for their soothing qualities. The ones I am currently using are L'Occtaine aftershave balm and Neutrogena Triple Protect. However, Nivea, Proraso, and Speick make some good ones. I happen to like using witch hazel as an aftershave and then apply a balm. All are readily available in the U.S.

Take a look at the Wiki for some good info.

there's so many and obviously each skin type has different needs , a balm is what I use mostly such as proraso, Razorock XXX balm and baxter of california occasionally I use a aftershave splash

So many scents, so little time. Balms can be great, depending on your skin.
If you find a liquid (or more than one, many shavers like variety) that you like, try adding a few drops of glycerin to a few ounces of it to leave the skin soft. Not too much as it can get sticky.
Enjoy the hunt.

Thank you all for the recommendations! Sounds like the aftershaves are just like everything else here, lots of options! Down the rabbit hole I go!

I prefer aftershave balms for their soothing qualities. The ones I am currently using are L'Occtaine aftershave balm and Neutrogena Triple Protect. However, Nivea, Proraso, and Speick make some good ones. I happen to like using witch hazel as an aftershave and then apply a balm. All are readily available in the U.S.

Take a look at the Wiki for some good info.

Thank you for the recommendations and the link to the Aftershave Wiki!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
So many good aftershaves. In time, I'm guessing that you will find your niche, but it may take some trial and error. I'm big on Bay Rum. My favorite is Barrister and Mann. Just starting to get into aquatic scents and doing some sampling of my own.

Plenty of good stuff out there...some pricey and some inexpensive. Enjoy the trip.

Welcome! I suggest that you start with two of the classics: Pinaud Clubman & Old Spice. I have found a few I like & stick with them. I like having just a few because then my wife knows my smell, much like I know my wife’s scent.

Top Bottom