What's new

Hello new friends!

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for years on B&B and finally decided to join some like-minded folks who share my interest in the shaving experience.

A little about me:

I'm in my late forties, and have been shaving since I was 17, the majority of that time sadly, with disposables. My first cartridge razor was a Gillette Sensor Excel, which I used infrequently as it cut me every time! I kept it as a keepsake as it was a gift from my parents in the early 90s. I still have the handle.

I didn't pick up a cartridge razor again until I met my wife (then girlfriend), and she sent me a Gillette Fusion Proglide in a care package (long distance relationship.) I was hooked, and have used it along with the Schick Hydro 5, and DEs for the past 9 or 10 years.

In the coming days, I'll be looking for advice on cleaning and preserving some DE razors inherited from my late father.

My current stock of razors:

Merkur 34C HD
Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Fusion (various aftermarket handles and cartridges in the line)

From my late father's collection:
Gillette Tech (made in Canada)
Gillette Slim Twist with blue handle
Schick Injector Adjustable

Reading this forum helped me identify my father's razors, and I'd love some more detail on them, as well as cleaning techniques. I really like the Tech, with slim, ball end handle. The weight and feel are great, however I won't use them until I'm sure they're properly cleaned and that I won't be doing damage to them.

I look forward to some great advice and for some good laughs during this difficult time. Stay healthy in the meantime!

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for years on B&B and finally decided to join some like-minded folks who share my interest in the shaving experience.

A little about me:

I'm in my late forties, and have been shaving since I was 17, the majority of that time sadly, with disposables. My first cartridge razor was a Gillette Sensor Excel, which I used infrequently as it cut me every time! I kept it as a keepsake as it was a gift from my parents in the early 90s. I still have the handle.

I didn't pick up a cartridge razor again until I met my wife (then girlfriend), and she sent me a Gillette Fusion Proglide in a care package (long distance relationship.) I was hooked, and have used it along with the Schick Hydro 5, and DEs for the past 9 or 10 years.

In the coming days, I'll be looking for advice on cleaning and preserving some DE razors inherited from my late father.

My current stock of razors:

Merkur 34C HD
Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Fusion (various aftermarket handles and cartridges in the line)

From my late father's collection:
Gillette Tech (made in Canada)
Gillette Slim Twist with blue handle
Schick Injector Adjustable

Reading this forum helped me identify my father's razors, and I'd love some more detail on them, as well as cleaning techniques. I really like the Tech, with slim, ball end handle. The weight and feel are great, however I won't use them until I'm sure they're properly cleaned and that I won't be doing damage to them.

I look forward to some great advice and for some good laughs during this difficult time. Stay healthy in the meantime!
Welcome to the group. I hope you find it informative and can broaden your knowledge about wet shaving.

Welcome to B&B.
You have some nice razors for your DE shaving. In terms of cleaning, scrubbing bubbles {not containing bleach product} will be oaky to use and you can disinfect with Dettol in the water. To clean old soap residue use hand soap and a scrub with an old toothbrush which will bring them up gleaming. For hard deposits use a little toothpaste in the scrub. Show us some photos of your razors; we like photos.

Welcome aboard!
The 34C and EJ89 are good shaving razors. But the coolest part of your kit is that you have your Dad’s razors! May you have many great shaves with those family heirlooms and may they bring back fond memories. Glad you came out of the shadows.
Enjoy the journey.
Tim

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Welcome to our forum! I am sure you will receive all the help you need from fellow members. :)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum and thanks for checking in with us. You could tell us a little more about yourself over in the Hall of Fame. Why not slip over and have a look. The Hall of Fame is for everyone.

Wow, thank you for all the warm welcomes everyone! I'll check out the Hall of Fame as recommended and I'll start a thread in the DE razor forum with pictures. I'd like to start with my dad's Gillette Tech. Looking forward to learning as much as I can!

Top Bottom