What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Love my Karve, but sold all my brass and replaced them with a pair of stainless heads. I find the stainless glides more smoothly across my skin. Not the blade, but the cap and guard. The brass had a very slight tackiness sensation to it. Not all the time, since I couldn't necessarily replicate it at will, but it occurred enough times throughout enough shaves that it was a continued annoyance. Add the cosmetic maintenance of removing patina and I was all in. I'm just glad I was able to experiment with brass before making my stainless purchase.

Thank you!! Chris has done it again, and I hope he enjoys his vacation too! Despite the delay, this man has delivered!
Just wanted to add that Chris was also so kind to add a sample of his Semois Valley soap.. (Used it today and the scent was nostalgic for me, brought me back to my childhood for some reason) I will definitely get more plates in the future. Pleasure doing business with Karve. Also they did a great job on email updates, they replied promptly.

Love my Karve, but sold all my brass and replaced them with a pair of stainless heads. I find the stainless glides more smoothly across my skin. Not the blade, but the cap and guard. The brass had a very slight tackiness sensation to it. Not all the time, since I couldn't necessarily replicate it at will, but it occurred enough times throughout enough shaves that it was a continued annoyance. Add the cosmetic maintenance of removing patina and I was all in. I'm just glad I was able to experiment with brass before making my stainless purchase.
+1 I completely agree with you 100%

Not necessarily related to the Stainless directly, but does anyone have any thoughts on the E plate compared to the D plate (both straight bar)?
I have a brass D and am wondering if the E is considerably more aggressive than the D (since D SS is out of stock).
TIA

Not necessarily related to the Stainless directly, but does anyone have any thoughts on the E plate compared to the D plate (both straight bar)?
I have a brass D and am wondering if the E is considerably more aggressive than the D (since D SS is out of stock).
TIA
I don’t know if anyone can really answer that being it’s so dependent on you. I got a C & an E straight bar and found the jump from the C to the E inconsequential. Then I got an F open comb and it made enough of a difference that I stuck with the razor.

I honestly don’t think it’s that big of a deal but, you just never know. Maybe someone else might feel differently.

I don’t know if anyone can really answer that being it’s so dependent on you. I got a C & an E straight bar and found the jump from the C to the E inconsequential. Then I got an F open comb and it made enough of a difference that I stuck with the razor.

I honestly don’t think it’s that big of a deal but, you just never know. Maybe someone else might feel differently.
Hey mate, thats useful information as i have the C only in stainless. I could always use my brass plates with the SS but then i'd have to disassemble and dry each time.

TIA
The E base plate has a bit more edge feel than the D base plate and a little bit more efficient during the shave.

OR do something like this . . .
001.jpg

Used my SS Karve for the first time tonight. Fresh GSB blade. I'll echo the sentiments previously expressed in that it seems a marginal increase in efficiency from the brass, but that I am willing to believe that this belief is somewhat tainted by fun of a new razor. I'll need at least a few more shaves with it before making a legit comparison. One thing I will state is accurate is that the SS handle seems "grippier" than the brass.

Wow! sweet box of Karve. I regret not getting my name in on the wait list. Hope to pick up the D plate OC some day.
I have the B OC and the E SB in brass. Both seem equally smooth to me.

OR do something like this . . .View attachment 1004241

Used my SS Karve for the first time tonight. Fresh GSB blade. I'll echo the sentiments previously expressed in that it seems a marginal increase in efficiency from the brass, but that I am willing to believe that this belief is somewhat tainted by fun of a new razor. I'll need at least a few more shaves with it before making a legit comparison. One thing I will state is accurate is that the SS handle seems "grippier" than the brass.

I agree!!

Right!? I mean, I have a few brass plates of the Karve and it’s a fine razor. I was going to dump the brass and pick up the SS version, but...then...that...dang Tradere post popped up.

Aaaarrrggghhhhh. SS Karve plans shot all to hell. I dunno, need to think about it a bit. Maybe if some SS Karve plates end up at WCS in several months I’ll add one to the cart. We’ll see.

OR do something like this . . .View attachment 1004241

Beautiful

Top Bottom