What's new

Karve Stainless Still Not Shipped!

I placed my order and paid at 12:02 on the day of the drop (26th) - my razor has not shipped and my e-mails have gone unanswered. I own two Karve’s but am quickly becoming not a fan...

Maybe you should post in the other Karve threads with the other unhappy people!! This is nothing new for CB and Karve though for any new release, he always lags when it comes to shipping new releases out. People post things like you did, then receive their product 6 weeks later, all is forgiven and CB is a god and his faithful swear he makes the best razors, like a revolving door!! LOL!! Nothing new here...

Karve Stainless Steel
Karve Diem

Maybe you should post in the other Karve threads with the other unhappy people!! This is nothing new for CB and Karve though for any new release, he always lags when it comes to shipping new releases out. People post things like you did, then receive their product 6 weeks later, all is forgiven and CB is a god and his faithful swear he makes the best razors, like a revolving door!! LOL!! Nothing new here...

Karve Stainless Steel
Karve Diem
That’s really funny - I had no idea! I’m relatively new to the forum. Customer service imo is really important and something that should be at least decent...

I expect Chris was overwhelmed with the response to the stainless razors. Although he tried to build inventory in anticipation of sales, the top caps along with some of the more popular base plates were sold out in less than an hour of release. I was one who got into the fray a little late. I understand Chris has hired an employee to help, but I do not know whether that is with the machining or with customer service. Karve is a victim of its own success. Demand has grown faster than capacity to produce and ship.

I am on the wait list for a new stainless razor, I hope I will receive it it time for Christmas.

He posted on Instagram he was going live at 7:30 MST 7/8 Monday and taking questions but he never did.

He posted on Instagram he was going live at 7:30 MST 7/8 Monday and taking questions but he never did.

He was live at some point, but I don't remember what time exactly. I caught part of it and the update on the SS Karve was they are still manufacturing parts for them. I don't think the top caps were of acceptable quality.

I am a Karve Shaving fan, but I would not take orders until I had boxed inventory ready to ship immediately. I suppose you could stipulate a delayed shipping timeframe as with a pre-order, but I don't understand that to be the case in this instance.

He was live at some point, but I don't remember what time exactly. I caught part of it and the update on the SS Karve was they are still manufacturing parts for them. I don't think the top caps were of acceptable quality.

I am a Karve Shaving fan, but I would not take orders until I had boxed inventory ready to ship immediately. I suppose you could stipulate a delayed shipping timeframe as with a pre-order, but I don't understand that to be the case in this instance.

If you get on the wait list for a razor, he will notify you when the razor is available. You can then choose whether to complete the order or to ignore the notification and miss your place on the wait list.

If you get on the wait list for a razor, he will notify you when the razor is available. You can then choose whether to complete the order or to ignore the notification and miss your place on the wait list.

When he had the drop, was it to complete and pay for the Karve stainless or just to sign up for the waitlist? I was under the impression that the expectation of product ready to ship and money changed hands.

When he had the drop, was it to complete and pay for the Karve stainless or just to sign up for the waitlist? I was under the impression that the expectation of product ready to ship and money changed hands.

If product was in stock at the time you placed your order, then you placed an order for it. I do not know when the money exchanges hands. With many vendors, you are not charged until the product is shipped. The wait list is for those who got there too late and some items (like the top caps) were sold out, so you could not place an order for a complete razor.

One post indicated that that were quality issues with the top caps. I do not know whether that is true or not, but if it is true, I would rather see Karve stop shipment rather than ship razors with defective parts. However, in that case you should not be charged until the replacement product ships.

If product was in stock at the time you placed your order, then you placed an order for it. I do not know when the money exchanges hands. With many vendors, you are not charged until the product is shipped. The wait list is for those who got there too late and some items (like the top caps) were sold out, so you could not place an order for a complete razor.

One post indicated that that were quality issues with the top caps. I do not know whether that is true or not, but if it is true, I would rather see Karve stop shipment rather than ship razors with defective parts. However, in that case you should not be charged until the replacement product ships.

I just checked and the payment hit my Visa on 6/26.

I really want small companies in this shaving world to succeed - which is why I support them. When I seek a product - read their communications, and refresh the website at exactly the drop time and pay within 2 minutes of the drop (expecting as I was told to get a product) and then I don’t receive it - that is frustrating. However, if the company would send an e-mail stating the expected ship time that’s fine - but no response to emails requesting status is not optimal! I am certain the product will be amazing - but this drama is not necessary at all - I hope they sort this out soon.

I find it hard to believe how well you people are taking the jerk-around you’re getting, it’s almost like you enjoy it. I must have lived too long, in the world I grew up in retailers treated their customers with respect or went belly- up.

I understand Chris has hired an employee to help, but I do not know whether that is with the machining or with customer service.
I came here to post this but you beat me to it. Either the employee is not yet on board or they need to throw them out and try someone new.

I find it hard to believe how well you people are taking the jerk-around you’re getting, it’s almost like you enjoy it. I must have lived too long, in the world I grew up in retailers treated their customers with respect or went belly- up.

I feel the same way, it's surprising with what some vendors continuously get away with.

I will buy the SS kit with OC plate as soon as things settle down. I don't really care how long it takes. Karves are worth having. I'll probably buy ever iteration of it in years to come.

Back in early March I ordered a Karve SB-C soon after he introduced the OC plates and it took 9 days for it to be shipped although my card was charged the day of the order. I emailed him a day after ordering with a question about the plate and it took a week for him to respond. Now when he respond he apologized for the delay and gave me some good advice. Others had the same issue with their orders at the time. It's unfortunate to see these communication delays again.

Top Bottom