What's new

Karve Stainless Still Not Shipped!

Good News finally!!!! Late last night I received a “Shipping label created” notification - hopefully it’s shipped out soon...

Good News finally!!!! Late last night I received a “Shipping label created” notification - hopefully it’s shipped out soon...

Good news hooray! In saying that I must say that with a relatively new product that is in high demand, delays must be expected and tolerated. As far as response to emails, I would rather him be busy trying to get orders out than taking all that time to answer tons of emails I'm sure he is getting. Patience is a lost art in this age of instant gratification. Just saying.

Mike

Getting a shipping notice is not a guarantee your razor was shipped. My name came to the top of the wait list on Aug. 6. I placed my order an hour or so later. I received a notice of shipment along with a tracking number on Aug. 9 which is not unreasonable.

Normally shipping from Canada to the Chicago area takes about ten days. When the razor had not arrived on Aug. 21, twelve days later. I contacted Karve and got a response that they would "look into it". Canada Post indicated that although the shipping label had been created, they never received the package from Karve. I never heard back from Karve (poor customer service skills), but when tracking the package, I learned that Canada Post finally received the package on Friday, August 23, two weeks after the shipping label was generated. I am scheduled to receive the package on September 5, nearly a month after the order was placed with Karve.

Karve makes quality products, but they are going to have to improve their logistics and customer service if they are going to survive in today's marketplace.

I'm on the wait list at 118 (although some razors were shipped today, so I should be heading upwards soon).
I don't mind the wait because I have never yet read of anyone receiving a bad razor.
No dodgy machining, or poorly made pieces.
Hopefully I will have a SS Karve razor by years end though.

Last edited:
Hello people. Paid June 03 for Brass razor and additional plate, still nothing. Lots of emails didn't help. The last message from Karve:

"There could be an error on the address on the package, or the package is lost in a postal facility somewhere and needs to be found the next time they do a cleaning (I have a sister that works in Canada Post and she mentioned that this can happen), or the postman attempted delivery and for some reason returned it back to the sender (me).

We have had that happen where a package will make it all the way to the destination and then be returned to me. Unfortunately, the overall trip time can be pretty long, like 3 to 4 months, because it is returned to me via surface mail.

I have a feeling that your package is on the way back to me, simply because of how long it has been since it was shipped. So, in the meantime, I can dispatch a new package, but I need you to confirm your address."

But it's just one of many! For me it looks like snide response...

Tool bad! How frustrating. Seems to me like a helpful response though. Not much else he can do other than offer you to send another one.

Hello people. Paid June 03 for Brass razor and additional plate, still nothing. Lots of emails didn't help. The last message from Karve:

"There could be an error on the address on the package, or the package is lost in a postal facility somewhere and needs to be found the next time they do a cleaning (I have a sister that works in Canada Post and she mentioned that this can happen), or the postman attempted delivery and for some reason returned it back to the sender (me).

We have had that happen where a package will make it all the way to the destination and then be returned to me. Unfortunately, the overall trip time can be pretty long, like 3 to 4 months, because it is returned to me via surface mail.

I have a feeling that your package is on the way back to me, simply because of how long it has been since it was shipped. So, in the meantime, I can dispatch a new package, but I need you to confirm your address."

But it's just one of many! For me it looks like snide response...
I think it comes off as pretty genuine and informative, especially since it looks like you’re located in Russia and in my limited experience international shipping truly can take a long time to/from there (especially since he’s shipping from Canada).
It’s actually really gracious of him to offer to ship you out another one without even knowing if the original shipment is on it’s way back to him. If you somehow ended up with two shipments as a result my hope would be you send one back so that someone else on the wait list doesn’t have to wait that much longer. I’m not on that list, but would be the good thing to do since he’s offering to send you a second razor without even knowing if he’ll get the first one back (if that were to happen).

But all other parcels from USA and Canada always fast! I have more than 1000 deals on Ebay and never had same problem. OK, all I can do is to wait.
BUT! I don't try to say how bad or good is Karve support. I just think that if I new that before I'll never buy it. 3 montes is too much to wait.

Lets face it, Karve's customer service is and has been non-existent for going on almost 2yrs now and his word means absolutely nothing to a lot of wet shavers nowadays and he is losing business each and everytime he posts on social media!!

It shouldn't matter where any customer is located anywhere in the world, they sent him their money and he is expected to deliver the product to them and in a timely manner. 3 months to anywhere in the world is just unacceptable by any standards and if Chris cared in the slightest, he not only should send out a replacement order, but it should be by express delivery at "HIS" expense!! The customer should come 1st here and its very clear time and again, Chris cares nothing at all for his customer base and it clearly shows everyday...

Top Bottom