What's new

NIB Schick-What Would You Do?

So I have a Schick L that is still in the package and never used.

I love Schick injectors and have many, but I do not have an L model in my rotation. I’m debating to either open it and add it to my rotation, or leave it unopened so that my kids can sell it off after I’m gone! I don’t relish the latter of the two, but that could be a likely outcome if I refuse to unpackage it.

Question is... What would you do? Use it or keep it as new old stock? Whichever course of action you would take, what would your decision be based on?

Decisions, decisions...

image.jpg

Use the razor. It has a plastic handle that will crumble to dust some day. A tool for use now not in the far future. Put $1 for each kid in the bank or a can for each. They will be a lot farther ahead money wise when you are no longer alive!

I’m debating to either open it and add it to my rotation, or leave it unopened so that my kids can sell it off after I’m gone!

Like they'd know the value. How do you know that when you die your shaving stuff won't get boxed up and left on the curb? You don't.

Shave with it!

Great points! I just feel guilty ripping it open, but I would feel worse knowing the kids would put it out in the trash. Yikes!

I would either keep it NOS or sell or trade it off for someone else to decide. It wouldn't be too hard of a decision for me though, because I'm not a fan of long handles. The twins in the pack would have me itching to open it though, couldn't bring myself to open it just for 4 blades though. If it were just a NOS pack of twins I would open it for sure.

Use it because the handle is likely more comfortable than my J type. The package doesn't have a price tag and in my opinion, isn't from the L type's heyday of the 60's. It's a 70's one because of the newer logo.

my 2c, i would use it.
also, i would find a supply of replacement twin blades, which are disappearing.
not sure if the razor can use other injector blades.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I wouldn't use it. I would buy a cheapo L type and use that one. Just my $0.02 worth.

Another use it vote!!

Enjoy your razor now! I prefer this to hoping your kids recognize this as part of their inheritance.

I see that most of you guys are saying to go ahead and use it. If I keep the razor in the package, it's not likely to be heading into a museum any time soon and I won't get rich selling it to them. I'm sure that Schick has some of these stashed away for safekeeping in their corporate headquarters.

I wonder if I should wait until my birthday or something before opening it.

Those are awesome razors! I have 2 of them, though I gave one to my son to take to college. The one I kept comes up in the rotation every 13 days and I'm continually impressed by how easy it is to use. Effortless BBS...the blade angle is perfect...open and enjoy is my vote !

If you don't use it and enjoy it, eventually someone else will. Or someone will just see an ancient razor and send it to a landfill. I opened a NOS GEM (later model with plastic handle)--great razor and I'm glad I'm able to enjoy it.

That’s it! This baby is getting opened and used! Life is too short to leave all the fun to someone else!

I rotate my razors by type (one week DEs, next week SEs and then a week of injectors. My straight razors are reserved for the weekends. Monday starts my injector week.

Gosh darn it, I’m opening it up and using a NOS Schick L on Monday!

That’s it! This baby is getting opened and used! Life is too short to leave all the fun to someone else!

I rotate my razors by type (one week DEs, next week SEs and then a week of injectors. My straight razors are reserved for the weekends. Monday starts my injector week.

Gosh darn it, I’m opening it up and using a NOS Schick L on Monday!
Great way to honor it with out Injector Week holiday. Enjoy!

Top Bottom