What's new

Col Conk lime review

I apologize for taking so long to review the Col Conk, i got stuck on using the Derby shave stick over the last 3 shaves but this morning was the turn of the Col Conk Jimmy very generously sent in his PIF which i used in combination with the feathers he sent too.

The scent of this soap is wonderful, its like the a soda pop sort of lime scent . This soap is another great latherer and 20 seconds of loading the brush gave me plenty of soap and 40 seconds of bowl lathering afterwards gave me plenty of soap for three passes. This soap is another super slick soap with amazing residual slickness, good skincare too.

All in all its a great soap, and although its pricey to import here, id consider this a great beginners soap if you live in the USA, but make no mistake, this soap is perfect for more experienced wetshavers too!

Scent: 7-10, puck smells great, scent is lost a bit after lathering although thats generally the case for most soaps.

Skincare: 8-10, not as moisturising as the credance, but definitely better than arko in terms of skincare.

Slickness:10/10, i absolutely cannot fault this soap in terms of slickness and residual slickness, its absolutely spot on!

Price:7/10,(10/10 if you live in the USA) the 2.5oz puck retails for about 3.9 dollars on their website, however this is in America and the price here would be substantially higher.

Overall this is a very decent soap, and its actually a pity we dont have it readily available in SA. It will definitely be in my rotation, a huge thanks to Jimmy for making this review

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk
proxy.php

Last edited:
South Africa? If so, I envy the fact that you can get Gillette Minora DE blades there cheaply. No one imports them here in the USA.
Yep South Africa, the minora blades are excellent, ive heard great great things about them, i havent tried them yet, but a lot of my friends on the South African forums have and say they're great. We are very lucky to have extremely well priced and high quality artisan soaps here in SA, but the big problem is they need to be ordered, our chemists and chain stores only stock canned goo and the occasional BIC and the more common lion double edged blades made here in SA. If its the minoras you're after, i suggest joining the South African mastershave forum, sometimes people send out PIFs, in fact most of my stuff comes from very generous PIFs on that forum and you might get lucky and get your hands on some minoras.

...If its the minoras you're after, i suggest joining the South African mastershave forum, sometimes people send out PIFs, in fact most of my stuff comes from very generous PIFs on that forum and you might get lucky and get your hands on some minoras...

West Coast Shaving had them a few years back here in the USA for a short time, but at an exorbitant price. I bought one five blade tuck and loved them. www.razorbladesclub.com out of Sweden sells them as well, but want $3.99 for a tuck!! :eek: One day I would like to buy a hanger of 100 blades.

In SA: Gilette Minora blades for Safety Razor

West Coast Shaving had them a few years back here in the USA for a short time, but at an exorbitant price. I bought one five blade tuck and loved them. www.razorbladesclub.com out of Sweden sells them as well, but want $3.99 for a tuck!! :eek: One day I would like to buy a hanger of 100 blades.

In SA: Gilette Minora blades for Safety Razor
I can get them at 12 rand a tuck, so less than a dollar.

Thank you for the review! Glad you enjoy the soap!

The lack of scent projection is currently being resolved. After years and years of people demanding lighter scent profiles, the times have definitely changed, and people now want a STRONG scent! Soon ALL of the scents will be dialed up!

Cheers!

Thank you for the review! Glad you enjoy the soap!

The lack of scent projection is currently being resolved. After years and years of people demanding lighter scent profiles, the times have definitely changed, and people now want a STRONG scent! Soon ALL of the scents will be dialed up!

Cheers!
You guys make great great products!!!!

Top Bottom