What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

The same Koraat as yesterday. I guess that I might try another razor tomorrow.

20190307_185731.jpg

I've got all the razors, strops and shaving brushes I'll ever need. So the last year or so I've tried out lathering bowls. A week ago I got the (to me) hideous Fine Black/grey shaving bowl and I've been trying it out since then. I am very impressed by its performance, but certainly not by its looks. Well there's a bathroom cabinet I can hide it in.

I've given up on reducing my number on shaving soaps so I got my first Fine shaving soap (L'orange Noir) along with the bowl. As many members have stated it's a very good shaving soap, but I can't see the resemblance to Tabac. Very good in its own rights yes, but not a Tabac clone.

Great razors, Gents! Thanks for posting.

Today's shave was a new (to me) Frederick Reynolds picked up with a lowball offer from eBay. Came truly shave ready (at least by my standards).
IMG_20190309_104255.jpg
Love the little band around the scales at the pivot. It's only on the show side of the razor.

And I think this is my first "near wedge" unless someone with more knowledge wants to tell me it's a full wedge...
IMG_20190309_104434-2.jpg

In any case it was an especially happy shave with an Arko stick and my Omega 636. The blade just whizzed through 36-hours of stubble with no sound and minimal feedback. Glorious experience. The result is BBS all over with the alum saying this was one of my smoothest shaves ever.

13/16 Cape 800 Swedish Steel Japanese Razor

Had a fantastic smooth shave with this blade .BBS in no time .Love the weight of the blade .
rps20190309_133037_314.jpg

This razor is a very fine and early example of the transition from frameback razors to shoulderless full hollow razors. It was made by Jernbolaget in Eskilstuna sometime in the late 1880's. The scales are rather crude ebonite scales but the craftsmanship is magnificent. I've never seen another razor with such a fine but ergonomic tang. The blade is as thin as can be, but the steel is so hard that the blade still is as stiff as that of a wedge razor. Few Jernbolaget razors have survived to this day, and alas this is the only one of this model I've come across, and believe me I've been looking.

20190310_092232.jpg

View attachment 961161
A nice and smooth shave out of the box. I don’t have too many razors to compare. But I like the 6/8 blade from Böker a little bit more.
Having a very inclined nose with an equally extreme shape of the heel means that the Chevalier has a short edge and that it takes a while before you find out how to get the most out of this Lady. So don't give up on her, she's actually a really good shaver.

Great eye candy today.

This took a lot of work to bring her back into use. She's scarred but still running strong. This F G Le Favour delivers a fine shave.

DSC_5084 F G Le Favour Beauty Shot.jpg

Top Bottom