What's new

RazoRock SLOC DE razor, First use

I tried my Razorock SLOC this morning and it performed so well. The only other DOC I had tried was the PAA Ascension, which I was not pleased with due to the lack of weight and heftiness to it.

This razor provided such a smooth shave and I am very pleased with it. And for the price of this thing, man, you really can't go wrong.

Anybody else out there tried this razor and had excellent results from it?

Yep, Its in my razor rotation & it is a good razor.
I think it is an excellent razor, I was worried if I would like the bulldog handle, but actually don't mind it. That was the only option that they had available, the other ones with the different handles were all sold out, and I couldn't not find it anywhere else but from ItalianBarber.com.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I tried my Razorock SLOC this morning and it performed so well. The only other DOC I had tried was the PAA Ascension, which I was not pleased with due to the lack of weight and heftiness to it.

This razor provided such a smooth shave and I am very pleased with it. And for the price of this thing, man, you really can't go wrong.

Funny you ask - I got it two weeks ago, when they also had the Baile for $5. Anyways.

I do like their SLOC, and it's cheaper than PAA's. I just wanted a SLOC for "proof of concept," to see if the idea itself works.

To answer: mixed, I think. Not much soap actually hangs about the TOP of a razor. It DOES hold water; shake it if you don't believe - water comes flying out.

Concept aside, the head does shave well. Not too mild or aggressive either.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I think it is an excellent razor, I was worried if I would like the bulldog handle, but actually don't mind it. That was the only option that they had available, the other ones with the different handles were all sold out, and I couldn't not find it anywhere else but from ItalianBarber.com.
Hm, mine I ordered with the barberpole handle. Since I already had one, would have preferred the radio knob. Should have got the bulldog! But like you, I didn't see that as another option. Maybe the were assembling a few and putting them up.

AA

I always wanted to try it since I saw it on the razorock website. So does it give you more glide? I wonder how it compares to the mission and mentor razors I have.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

I bought the head off of AliExpress for <$3 and paired it with a chubby 110g handle from West Coast Shaving. It's a smooth shaver and effective too. I like it a lot and would replace the head if something happened to it. It's a keeper!

I always wanted to try it since I saw it on the razorock website. So does it give you more glide? I wonder how it compares to the mission and mentor razors I have.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk
It was a very smooth shave for sure, I don't know if any of that is contributed to this particular razor, as I didn't notice much lather being distributed through the top cap, but was very smooth and efficient throughout the shave. Some of that also may have been contributed to the Noble Otter product I was using, which I love by the way, but overall, I am very pleased with the performance of the SLOC, it's a keeper!!!

Funny you ask - I got it two weeks ago, when they also had the Baile for $5. Anyways.

I do like their SLOC, and it's cheaper than PAA's. I just wanted a SLOC for "proof of concept," to see if the idea itself works.

To answer: mixed, I think. Not much soap actually hangs about the TOP of a razor. It DOES hold water; shake it if you don't believe - water comes flying out.

Concept aside, the head does shave well. Not too mild or aggressive either.

AA
Sounds like you had an excellent experience and shave with yours also, that is great news!!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman

You bought a winner of a razor with a handle made from stainless steel. I really enjoy mine and I bought one for my son this Christmas who was showing signs of interest in DE razor & he is using it with brush and soaps. I spoiled him because I knew he would like it because it looks good, handles great and end results are very good.(I spoiled him because it took me about 10 razors prior to find the wonderful & forgiving razor.)
Enjoy, have some great shaves!

You bought a winner of a razor with a handle made from stainless steel. I really enjoy mine and I bought one for my son this Christmas who was showing signs of interest in DE razor & he is using it with brush and soaps. I spoiled him because I knew he would like it because it looks good, handles great and end results are very good.(I spoiled him because it took me about 10 razors prior to find the wonderful & forgiving razor.)
Enjoy, have some great shaves!
Thank you sir, and I am going to enjoy the heck out of the SLOC. I have a Muhle R41 head and handle coming from Maggard Razors that should receive in mail today. I have had some interest in trying it for awhile also, so lets hope I have similar results and are pleased with that purchase to.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thank you sir, and I am going to enjoy the heck out of the SLOC. I have a Muhle R41 head and handle coming from Maggard Razors that should receive in mail today. I have had some interest in trying it for awhile also, so lets hope I have similar results and are pleased with that purchase to.

Another heads-up: I got the R41 a few weeks ago, and that one is STILL not under control ... a very "grabby" and aggressive razor - and I prefer mean razors! Tread with caution with R41. You'll see.

But yes; several shaves in with RR's SLOC and liking it very much - "SL" working or not.

And it's cool-looking, so there's that.

AA

Another heads-up: I got the R41 a few weeks ago, and that one is STILL not under control ... a very "grabby" and aggressive razor - and I prefer mean razors! Tread with caution with R41. You'll see.

But yes; several shaves in with RR's SLOC and liking it very much - "SL" working or not.

And it's cool-looking, so there's that.

AA
Thanks for the word's of encouragement with the R41. I am a head shave also, so I may take some test runs on the face until I get a feel for it.

I bought the head off of AliExpress for <$3 and paired it with a chubby 110g handle from West Coast Shaving. It's a smooth shaver and effective too. I like it a lot and would replace the head if something happened to it. It's a keeper!
Are you saying that Razorock heads are manufactured in China? Should I just skulk about on AliExpress?

Are you saying that Razorock heads are manufactured in China? Should I just skulk about on AliExpress?

I don't know about RazoRock heads in general but this particular one is. If you look at the heads on both sites and compare, they appear to be identical. I've read where someone had the SLOC and compared it to what was sold on AliExpress and said they were one and the same.

I recommend AliExpress as a good way to experiment with cheap razors and razor heads. If you have the patience to wait for the things purchased there you can get some great deals. I've purchased two of the DOC heads and I think they both arrived in about 10 days.

M

Member 113878

I prefer my SLOC head with a light handle.
Last time I used the handle from my PAA Prismatic.
It was perfect!

I’ve used the SLOC with bamboo handle and really enjoyed it. Great price. I found it lubricated well as the head holds a ton of water. It would make the soap runny on the face. A great razor to use with soaps that could use some extra slickness or residual glide. The razor does a great job of activating that residual slickness. The razor looks scary but was fairly mild and pleasant. A very cool looking head and looked great on the counter.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
6-7-18.640.Manchurian.SLOC.Barberia.JPG

It's an excellent and very easy to use DE razor. I'm not sure the cap does anything much other than look way way way cool, but that's enough on a razor this great.

Use it at its design angle (neutral angle) or steeper for a great shave.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom