What's new

Where Angels tread

airshow1200 (35 of 63).jpg
airshow1200 (53 of 63).jpg
airshow1200 (56 of 63).jpg

Wow great shots!
I'm hoping to get to the RAF Mach Loop low level training area in Wales at some point, should be interesting!

Excellent shots! These are not easy to get right. I try to shoot the Air Force Thunderbirds every year when they come to Colorado Springs for the Air Force Academy graduation. Always lots of fun!

they fly late october/ early november every year here in Jax. they alternate between the beaches and NAS. I have not seen them in a couple years. it's sad to note Fat Albert seems to have been retired

Their based at NAS Pensacola Fl.

I live just down the road from them at Eglin AFB. They don't really do it for me, but when you work on fighter jets for a living, you kinda get use to them. Plus, I'm partial to the F-15, it's my baby and nothing compares, lol.

However, back on topic, these pics are amazing. Last time I had a real chance to take pics of the Blue Angels was almost 15 years ago and I wasn't an amazing photographer then.

I'm just pissed i didn't remembr thier routine. there is one part of the show when they do a crossing flyby, and one comes in from behind the crowd at near supersonic, and pulls some serious g's. that day it was humid enough that there was serious vapor on the inside part of the wings.. if only I ad been ready for it.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Great Shots !
I watched them a few years back from the back of a boat and was able to snap a few shots .

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I'm just pissed i didn't remembr thier routine. there is one part of the show when they do a crossing flyby, and one comes in from behind the crowd at near supersonic, and pulls some serious g's. that day it was humid enough that there was serious vapor on the inside part of the wings.. if only I ad been ready for it.
1-Air%2520Show%2520from%2520Daves%2520Boat%25202%2520322.JPG
2-Air%2520Show%2520from%2520Daves%2520Boat%25202%2520175.JPG
3-Air%2520Show%2520from%2520Daves%2520Boat%25202%2520174.JPG
5-Air%2520Show%2520from%2520Daves%2520Boat%25202%2520443.JPG

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Great images all around. I've seen the Blue Angels a few times. My first time was in Reading, PA on a roof of a hotel that was being built and I was helping install duct work. Their practice runs stole the show for lunch that day. I saw them again when I was stationed in Fallon, NV in 2009. The most recent time was in 2015. I got the opportunity to ride in Fat Albert during the show. That was the most exhilarating flight (15 min) I've ever been on.

R/
Dave

Top Bottom