What's new

Anyone know where to get stone die

I am wanting to get a die So I can remember how long a blade has been in my razor. I would love a die out of fluoride, blue opal, or something similar. Anyone know where to get one even if it has to be custom?

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I am wanting to get a die So I can remember how long a blade has been in my razor. I would love a die out of fluoride, blue opal, or something similar. Anyone know where to get one even if it has to be custom?

When I was a kid my father was a "rockhound" or "amateur geologist." He belonged to a club of other folks who hunted, collected, shared, traded and displayed various rocks and semi-precious stones. One could usually identify a rockhound because they were often wearing jewelry they'd made, or they displayed various rock-based objets d'art in their homes.

Given that no two of them seemed to have precisely the same interests I'm going to guess that somebody in a crowd like that would have the skills you need. It'd be worth asking around, I suspect, especially if you live in an area that naturally has mineral and agate deposits.

Blue chalcedony would be aces!

O.H.

When I was a kid my father was a "rockhound" or "amateur geologist." He belonged to a club of other folks who hunted, collected, shared, traded and displayed various rocks and semi-precious stones. One could usually identify a rockhound because they were often wearing jewelry they'd made, or they displayed various rock-based objets d'art in their homes.

Given that no two of them seemed to have precisely the same interests I'm going to guess that somebody in a crowd like that would have the skills you need. It'd be worth asking around, I suspect, especially if you live in an area that naturally has mineral and agate deposits.

Blue chalcedony would be aces!

O.H.
Noted sir

Top Bottom